Green Room

NYT: Say, this Romney fellow’s doing pretty good in PA

posted at 5:01 pm on November 2, 2012 by

Nice catch from the Breitbart folks on this one.  The NYT picks up on Team Romney’s sudden and intense interest in Pennsylvania, and allows that while this could just be high-level strategery, it might also be because Romney’s rolling in the Keystone State..

Here’s my take on this, which got eaten when I first posted this, probably because I’m posting from an iPad at 34,000 feet, on a bumpy ride no less. We have three-plus days left of effective campaigning. Neither candidate is going to waste the precious remaining time campaigning in states they don’t think they can win — or have to win. If Romney’s in PA, he’s there because he thinks he can close the deal; otherwise, he’d be sticking with Ohio.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Ras’s national poll has me a bit down today. If a natural disaster this close to election day is going to win it for Obama after what’s happened over the past 4 years, then we’re a nation of idiots.

Corporal Tunnel on November 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

“It’s a little tighter than I would have expected,” said Jef Pollock, a pollster for Priorities U.S.A. Action, a Democratic super PAC. “But the question is whether this is just the natural tightening that’s going to happen.”

Holy rip. That sounds almost like “we’re behind”.

forest on November 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Holy rip. That sounds almost like “we’re behind”.

forest on November 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

No kidding. Definitely a break from: “LOL PENNSYLVANIA?!?!?! HELLO MCCAIN 2.0!”

LukeinNE on November 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Romney scheduled to be in Florida on Monday. That is pretty disappointing in terms of thinking it was already wrapped up.

Donald Draper on November 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Corporal Tunnel on November 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

If it makes you feel any better, the actual numbers are R-48.4% O-47.6%. That’s a difference of .8%. Add one tenth to R and take two tenths from O and it rounds right back to 49-47 where it was yesterday. It’s noise, basically, not a trend.

Missy on November 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Corporal Tunnel on November 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Amen brother. Let’s hope we’re not.

SAZMD on November 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Donald Draper on November 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Belts and suspenders approach, I guess.

SAZMD on November 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Donald Draper on November 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM

..coattails? Senate seat for Connie Mack?

The War Planner on November 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Hadn’t thought of it, but possible if they truly believe they already have 270 and are now just concerned about the Senate.

Donald Draper on November 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

We have three-plus days left of effective campaigning.

I need new glasses. I read that as “We have three-plus days left of effing campaigning.”

And I completely sympathized! 😀

Mary in LA on November 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM

“He hasn’t been serious.”

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Not exactly teamwork.

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”