Green Room

Your daily awww…

posted at 12:27 am on November 1, 2012 by

Paul Ryan did three events in Wisconsin today before going home to trick-or-treat with his kids:

“We will go trick-or-treating on the same route we go every year, which is the same route I went on when I was a little guy,” Ryan said earlier in Racine.

Ryan’s 10-year-old daughter, Liza, donned a blue wig and dressed up as a tamer version of pop singer Katy Perry, who recently performed at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama.

Unrecognizable in a red cape and black mask, 9-year-old Charlie dressed up as the Unknown Phantom. Grim Reaper, 7-year-old Sam, included a scythe that his dad carried around so his son could collect candy.

Janna Ryan wore a witch’s hat but her husband appeared to be dressed up as an everyday Wisconsin dad. Ryan wore the same red University of Wisconsin jacket he had on earlier in the day but added a Badgers hat to his trick-or-treat ensemble. Joining the family was Ryan’s sister-in-law Zoe, married to brother Stan, and their 2-year-old, Zaydee Mae Ryan, dressed up as a butterfly.

Photo at the link. Adorable.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

PolAgnostic on November 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Lib ad showing the Grim Reaper pushing grandmas off a cliff in 3… 2…

Mr. Prodigy on November 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Awesome. Cute family. He should enjoy this year because next year his new VP job will be keeping him too busy for trick-or-treating.

ThanksMo on November 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Liza gets a cease and desist order in 3,2,1.

kalneva on November 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Ryan carrying a scythe? A pic of that would be worth big $$$ to HuffPo – if they actually had any money, that is. Maybe Gloria Allred will put up the $$$.

Marcola on November 1, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Accusations from the left of the Ryan family’s nefarious neopaganistic observance of Samhain: SEASON OF DEATH (sounds like the title of an episode of BARNABY JONES [A QUINN MARTIN PRODUCTION], doesn’t it?) soon to follow….

(Uh, a show of hands of those who remember Barnaby Jones [A Quinn Martin Production]….MKH, I would say that you’re too young to remember it.)

But I digress. I do that a lot. And it pains me greatly–you have no idea.

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Just you wait. Katy Perry will sue for her likeness not to be used by the child of a Republican candidate.

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

ThanksMo on November 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Something tells me he would find a way to be home that evening anyway.

IamDA on November 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I was thinking more like an episode of Police Squad! However, when it appeared on the screen, the announcer would say “Witch’s Brew” shortly after which the episode’s guest star would die. 😀

Odysseus on November 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Some of us also remember the lovely Lee Meriwether, a former Miss America.

oldleprechaun on November 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Nah, I don’t think Katy Perry is that kind of celebrity. She is misguided but she isn’t evil. At least I hope not, I like her.

What a beautiful family. I love the name Zaydee Mae, too.

magicbeans on November 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Odysseus on November 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM

The guest star would be Robert Goulet, who is immediately shot to death by a firing squad.

SagebrushPuppet on November 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Sounds like an all-American family to me. 🙂

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Katy Perry? What kind of parental influence is that?

Thank goodness Liza didn’t mimic the Obama ballot outfit that Perry recently paraded on stage in.

Carnac on November 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Trickertreatin’ with the Secret Service is awesome on so, so many levels.

JRCash on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Halloween is a hoot in my neighborhood. Four bags of candy in about two hours. Lots of princesses, witches and monsters. Much fun scaring the kids at my door.

One little princess of about 5 who didn’t know me at all was so pleased to introduce her similarly dressed friend to me. Very uplifting indeed.

DanMan on November 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus