Green Room

Your daily awww…

posted at 12:27 am on November 1, 2012 by

Paul Ryan did three events in Wisconsin today before going home to trick-or-treat with his kids:

“We will go trick-or-treating on the same route we go every year, which is the same route I went on when I was a little guy,” Ryan said earlier in Racine.

Ryan’s 10-year-old daughter, Liza, donned a blue wig and dressed up as a tamer version of pop singer Katy Perry, who recently performed at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama.

Unrecognizable in a red cape and black mask, 9-year-old Charlie dressed up as the Unknown Phantom. Grim Reaper, 7-year-old Sam, included a scythe that his dad carried around so his son could collect candy.

Janna Ryan wore a witch’s hat but her husband appeared to be dressed up as an everyday Wisconsin dad. Ryan wore the same red University of Wisconsin jacket he had on earlier in the day but added a Badgers hat to his trick-or-treat ensemble. Joining the family was Ryan’s sister-in-law Zoe, married to brother Stan, and their 2-year-old, Zaydee Mae Ryan, dressed up as a butterfly.

Photo at the link. Adorable.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

PolAgnostic on November 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Lib ad showing the Grim Reaper pushing grandmas off a cliff in 3… 2…

Mr. Prodigy on November 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Awesome. Cute family. He should enjoy this year because next year his new VP job will be keeping him too busy for trick-or-treating.

ThanksMo on November 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Liza gets a cease and desist order in 3,2,1.

kalneva on November 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Ryan carrying a scythe? A pic of that would be worth big $$$ to HuffPo – if they actually had any money, that is. Maybe Gloria Allred will put up the $$$.

Marcola on November 1, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Accusations from the left of the Ryan family’s nefarious neopaganistic observance of Samhain: SEASON OF DEATH (sounds like the title of an episode of BARNABY JONES [A QUINN MARTIN PRODUCTION], doesn’t it?) soon to follow….

(Uh, a show of hands of those who remember Barnaby Jones [A Quinn Martin Production]….MKH, I would say that you’re too young to remember it.)

But I digress. I do that a lot. And it pains me greatly–you have no idea.

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Just you wait. Katy Perry will sue for her likeness not to be used by the child of a Republican candidate.

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

ThanksMo on November 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Something tells me he would find a way to be home that evening anyway.

IamDA on November 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I was thinking more like an episode of Police Squad! However, when it appeared on the screen, the announcer would say “Witch’s Brew” shortly after which the episode’s guest star would die. 😀

Odysseus on November 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Some of us also remember the lovely Lee Meriwether, a former Miss America.

oldleprechaun on November 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Nah, I don’t think Katy Perry is that kind of celebrity. She is misguided but she isn’t evil. At least I hope not, I like her.

What a beautiful family. I love the name Zaydee Mae, too.

magicbeans on November 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dime IV on November 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Odysseus on November 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM

The guest star would be Robert Goulet, who is immediately shot to death by a firing squad.

SagebrushPuppet on November 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Sounds like an all-American family to me. 🙂

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Katy Perry? What kind of parental influence is that?

Thank goodness Liza didn’t mimic the Obama ballot outfit that Perry recently paraded on stage in.

Carnac on November 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Trickertreatin’ with the Secret Service is awesome on so, so many levels.

JRCash on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Halloween is a hoot in my neighborhood. Four bags of candy in about two hours. Lots of princesses, witches and monsters. Much fun scaring the kids at my door.

One little princess of about 5 who didn’t know me at all was so pleased to introduce her similarly dressed friend to me. Very uplifting indeed.

DanMan on November 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Top Pick

Slow your roll, boss

Top Pick

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…

Some things require a sledgehammer, not a scalpel

Closing the gap.