Green Room

Video: Conservatism is calling

posted at 12:52 pm on November 1, 2012 by

Via Ace, a shot of adrenaline to propel you through another day of poll obsession on the front page.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This is a good video. I like what Rush had to say about the natural appeal of conservatism. I recently saw Arthur Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute speak and it was all about presenting the moral case for free markets. Sure, the math does agree with us but people aren’t at their core motivated by rational arguments, they are motivated by moral arguments. We certainly should not abandon the rigorous analytical research with which we make the case for conservatism and free markets but we must be able to make the moral case for free markets and conservatism.

adurb44 on November 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

It’ll be good to fire up conservatives. Unfortunately (in my mind) the creator couldn’t resist putting well known right leaning talking heads on there, and putting Obama’s picture next to Marx’s. If its purpose is to sway minds, its not likely to, simply because most non-conservatives are going to get to the middle of the video and go “LOL LIMBAUGH AND FAUX NEWS?! THIS ISNT CREDIBLE!!”

LukeinNE on November 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My thought, too, Luke. I winced when I saw Hannity up there and said, oh well, there goes the argument.

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

That was awesome.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Top Pick

Button it up.

Top Pick

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario