Green Room

Obama way off the pace in early voting in Virginia

posted at 11:23 am on November 1, 2012 by

Very welcome news from Dave Wasserman of the Cook Political Report:

Here’s Obama’s final campaign schedule for the next four days. Four stops in Ohio, three in Wisconsin, two in Colorado, two in Iowa — but just one in Virginia. Hmmm.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

None in FLA, either. Or NH.

JohnGalt23 on November 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Good thing pollsters are assuming he’ll meet or exceed that ’08 turnout, huh?

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

None in FLA, either. Or NH.

JohnGalt23 on November 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Oops, missed Sunday’s schedule.

Mea culpa…

JohnGalt23 on November 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM

And he still feels the need to make the long trip to defend NV.

I like the looks of this…

JohnGalt23 on November 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Makes sense. Obama’s firewall is down to O-I-H-O and if he can’t hold that then the final 5 swing states of WI, NH, CO, NV, and IA all become must-wins.

Doughboy on November 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM

The Server Lag… It takes too much time to get your information from Obama. Click to Romney.

2Tru2Tru on November 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Must be too busy printing utility bills.

NoDonkey on November 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Colorado is lost for Zero.

Early voting #s here are fantastic. Much better than 2004 even, when Bush beat Kerry by 5%.

And the GOP ground game here is amazing.

Norwegian on November 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM

But I thought gummybear said VA lock!

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Colorado is lost for Zero.

Gosh, I hope you are correct!
L

letget on November 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Giving up on FL and VA.

I want to say WI will finally go red but dude, I’m nervous.

WisRich on November 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Giving up on FL and VA.

I want to say WI will finally go red but dude, I’m nervous.

WisRich on November 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Then use that nervous energy to get out and talk to your neighbors.

But keep in mind. We don’t absolutely need WI. Team Liar does.

JohnGalt23 on November 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM

But keep in mind. We don’t absolutely need WI. Team Liar does.

If we don’t get Ohio then yes we need Wisconsin.

If we don’t get Ohio then the only real options are WI + CO + (IA OR NH).

ninjapirate on November 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

If we don’t get Ohio then yes we need Wisconsin.

If we don’t get Ohio then the only real options are WI + CO + (IA OR NH).

BTW, I just don’t see Michigan, Penn, OR Minn going or way without Wisconsin going our way. It would be amazing if that happened.

I also don’t see us winning Nevada but I’ve seen some numbers that may show that it’s closer than some people think… but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

ninjapirate on November 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

ninjapirate on November 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I don’t either. Apparently they’re gluttons for punishment…high foreclosure rates, high unemployment, and they’ll still vote for the guy who not only didn’t improve things for them, he actually mocked the idea of people going to visit the state.

Of course, they returned Harry Reid to office, so one shouldn’t be surprised.

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Those numbers from the first link reflect what I’m seeing here in the Tidewater area. Pockets of Obama signs in Norfolk, but not much. I did see a velour Obama poster hanging out the back of a van in Norfolk. lol Obama looked like a revival preacher…..Virtually none in Newport News. Interestingly, I’ll see signs for Kaine and Hirsch–something (Forgot his name), but no Obama sign. Same w bumper stickers. Seeing lotsa Romney everywhere.
I haven’t been in Hampton so I don’t know. The Obama enthusiasm is on life support here. The turning point for many was his reversal on same sex marriage. That was the Rubicon and black preachers finally could say enough.

conservative pilgrim on November 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM