Just looking at the map …
posted at 1:35 pm on November 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… over at 270 To Win, playing through a couple of scenarios. If Romney wins Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina, then all he needs to do is win Iowa and Ohio to go over 270 (278, actually) from the current electoral map. Stephanie Cutter seemed to concede that Team Obama has abandoned North Carolina already, and both Virginia and Florida look gone as well:
If Romney can’t get Ohio or Iowa, then it becomes a little tougher, but not impossible. Colorado looks ready to flip, and New Hampshire looks promising for Romney, too. That would make it 271-267 Romney, and we still may see a surprise in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan — although it’s difficult to see Romney winning any of those without carrying Ohio.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”