Just looking at the map …
posted at 1:35 pm on November 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… over at 270 To Win, playing through a couple of scenarios. If Romney wins Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina, then all he needs to do is win Iowa and Ohio to go over 270 (278, actually) from the current electoral map. Stephanie Cutter seemed to concede that Team Obama has abandoned North Carolina already, and both Virginia and Florida look gone as well:
If Romney can’t get Ohio or Iowa, then it becomes a little tougher, but not impossible. Colorado looks ready to flip, and New Hampshire looks promising for Romney, too. That would make it 271-267 Romney, and we still may see a surprise in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan — although it’s difficult to see Romney winning any of those without carrying Ohio.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation