Green Room

Video: When zany geniuses collide

posted at 3:46 pm on October 31, 2012 by

Something to cleanse the palate on a day when the biggest news story in all the land, per Drudge, is Joe Biden offering to give people his “load.”

Side note to fellow Whovians: I was bitterly disappointed at the end of the Amy Pond storyline. Two and half years of falling in love with the character, up in smoke in in a five-minute sequence tacked on as an afterthought to a run-of-the-mill episode about the weeping angels? They owed her a two-episode story arc at least, ideally ending with her returned somehow to her childhood in Scotland. That was always the core charm of the Doctor/Amy pairing — watching a little girl get to have adventures with her imaginary friend as an adult. Instead she ends up choosing to live out her days in 1930s New York because she can’t bear to be apart from … Rory, the biggest cipher in sci fi? C’mon. “The Girl Who Waited” would have been an elegant finale. Sad to think they couldn’t rise to that level one last time.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Oh, thanks, I’ll have to show this to my son.

Cindy Munford on October 31, 2012 at 4:00 PM

My daughter’s going to love this – major Whovian, although she prefers “the one with the bow-tie that nobody else likes”, as she calls him.

peski on October 31, 2012 at 4:13 PM

is Joe Biden offering to give people his “load.”

Isn’t this sexual harassment?

lorien1973 on October 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Who?

faraway on October 31, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I really, really miss David tenant as Dr Who.

seymour01 on October 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Well that was…something.

squint on October 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I think AP has a thing for redheads.

Blake on October 31, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Ninth Doctor regenerates into the best Doctor.

eforhan on October 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM

The show almost has a budget, which ruined part of the old school charm of the classic series. It was exceptionally bad in a way that made it too awesome.

I just can’t get in to the new guy, it’s like he’s constantly in a panic and easily distracted. Like a chinchilla with ADD.

Also, Peter Cushing and Tom Baker…

PXCharon on October 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Oops, Tennant was the Tenth Doctor.

eforhan on October 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Like a chinchilla with ADD.

PXCharon on October 31, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Okay, that made me laugh but I miss my chinchilla, Chi-Chi, who did have ADD.

Fallon on October 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Oh, I’m gonna share the vid with my girls who are huge Whovians.

I tried, I just couldn’t get into it.

Fallon on October 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hillbillys can be good folk once you get to know them. Its the getting to know them part that’s hard.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Hats off, Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor) is the best Doctor Who.

Second would be Peter Davison (Fifth Doctor), or maybe Christopher Eccleston (Ninth Doctor).

Lawrence on November 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM