Should Romney go after Biden on the “one heartbeat away” issue?
posted at 5:12 pm on October 31, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Genuinely curious what readers and my GR colleagues have to say about this. Read Allahpundit’s post on the front page first to go over just list of bizarre statements from the Vice President in just the last few hours. There is a serious question as to the ability of this man to handle his current job, let alone the job of President should the need arise. No one who hears Biden’s long string of embarrassments, and his behavior at the debate two weeks ago, without having concerns whether he’s up to the job now, if he ever was.
My question is whether it pays to raise this as an issue at this point. I’m not sure whether Mitt Romney wants to take the focus off of Barack Obama in the last six days, but maybe Paul Ryan could start pressing the media to discuss Biden’s fitness for office. Or maybe Biden’s weirdness is so baked into the cake now that it won’t matter to voters.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation