Green Room

Re: Biden

posted at 5:27 pm on October 31, 2012 by

Ed, I’ve wondered about this myself.  For all their “one heartbeat away!!!!” hysteria surrounding Sarah Palin, liberals seem to be fairly comfortable with the fact that Biden’s an embarrassing, ill-informed buffoon.  AP’s post is jaw-dropping in that Biden made four bona fide gaffes in the span of 12 hours, yet he very obviously thinks he’s presidential material.  Which he’d need to be if, God forbid, something happened to the president.  But in response to your question, I don’t think Romney can really touch this.  At this stage, we’re in the final five news cycles.  Closing the cycle out by attacking the sitting Vice President runs counter to the “big ideas, big issues” theme Romney’s been honing.  Plus, you’re right: Voters have become jaded by Biden’s serial jackassery; they expect this nonsense from him.  The only group that could really turn Slow Joe into a liability for Obama is the media.  Lord knows they’d have run him out of office by now if he’d had an (R) next to his name, but he doesn’t.  So instead he’s the lovable plagiarist uncle…who might just be forced to step in as Leader of the Free World at some point.  Scary, but there it is.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Joe may say stupid things from time to time, but at least he means what he says. That is a breath of fresh air if you ask me.

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Yes, his repeated plagiarism is a true sign of the man’s authenticity. And his comments like “let’s send a no-strings-attached, $100 million check to Iran” after 9/11 certainly are refreshing.

Guy Benson on October 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I used to joke about this, but I really do think Biden’s brain damaged.

Thomas More on October 31, 2012 at 5:57 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Oh it’s a kind of air all right.

squint on October 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I used to joke about this, but I really do think Biden’s brain damaged.

Thomas More on October 31, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Biden had a stroke years ago. I do think he lost oxygen to the brain, and is probably not mentally fit to hold office.

But he’s a Liberal, so you can’t really diagnose his symptoms as well.

portlandon on October 31, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Didn’t Biden have hairplugs put in? How deep do those things go? Maybe they inserted them in to his frontal lobe as opposed to the scalp.

Republican on October 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Biden was in Florida today, said he was in Ohio. He does this constantly.

When a football player is on the sidelines and being evaluated after taking a hit to the head, some common questions asked are ‘what day is it today’ and ‘where are you’. It’s refreshing that a United States Vice President constantly flunks a question that’s used to test for a concussion? Mmmk…..

joejm65 on October 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

He means to be stupid?

Fallon on October 31, 2012 at 6:52 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Dick Cheney meant what he said. Was he a breath of fresh air for you, dearie?

SailorMark on October 31, 2012 at 6:52 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

..no one’s asking you. Buzz off, skeez.

The War Planner on October 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Biden was in Florida today, said he was in Ohio. He does this constantly.

You just proved akaniku’s point.

SagebrushPuppet on October 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM

He means to be stupid?

Fallon on October 31, 2012 at 6:52 PM

..not a HE; she’s an old bag lady in The Castro District of SF. Here’s her picture.

The War Planner on October 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

akaniku on October 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Stop and think about what you said there.

You can still walk it back.

Or do you also say stupid things and really mean it?

iurockhead on October 31, 2012 at 9:45 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…