posted at 5:27 pm on October 31, 2012 by Guy Benson
Ed, I’ve wondered about this myself. For all their “one heartbeat away!!!!” hysteria surrounding Sarah Palin, liberals seem to be fairly comfortable with the fact that Biden’s an embarrassing, ill-informed buffoon. AP’s post is jaw-dropping in that Biden made four bona fide gaffes in the span of 12 hours, yet he very obviously thinks he’s presidential material. Which he’d need to be if, God forbid, something happened to the president. But in response to your question, I don’t think Romney can really touch this. At this stage, we’re in the final five news cycles. Closing the cycle out by attacking the sitting Vice President runs counter to the “big ideas, big issues” theme Romney’s been honing. Plus, you’re right: Voters have become jaded by Biden’s serial jackassery; they expect this nonsense from him. The only group that could really turn Slow Joe into a liability for Obama is the media. Lord knows they’d have run him out of office by now if he’d had an (R) next to his name, but he doesn’t. So instead he’s the lovable plagiarist uncle…who might just be forced to step in as Leader of the Free World at some point. Scary, but there it is.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”