Green Room

New numbers on enthusiasm in OH, FL, & VA

posted at 8:18 am on October 31, 2012 by

I’ll have more on this later, but since we’ve become so enthusiastic about enthusiasm, I’ll tease the results here.  The new CBS/NYT/Q-poll has its share of sampling problems, but they did find something very interesting about enthusiasm in three key states.  Not only does Republican enthusiasm outstrip Democratic enthusiasm in all three states, it’s growing faster, too:

I’ll have more on this in the next front page post, but these are pretty impressive numbers.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

for Gawd’s sake Virginia: c’mon! vote Romney/Ryan & George Allen (& Robert Hurt (R 5CD)

kelley in virginia on October 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM

It’s almost sad to think about how devastated the left is going to be when Romney wins. I mean a D+7 or D+8 sample in these three states that lean Republican by default in the first place? Really? I don’t know why they keep doing this. It’s not like it’s doing anything to suppress Republican enthusiasm. All it’s doing is giving the left false hope.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Can’t wait to see the top line numbers on this corrupt propaganda.

forest on October 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Funny morning joe didn’t talk about this today

It was all mitt is losing Ohio and the voters there think the economy is getting better so there is np way he can win there

cmsinaz on October 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM

The reputation of the polls will only be based upon their last poll.

The polls will “suddenly” show “late momentum” breaking towards Romney this weekend and into Monday.

Soon. Very soon.

Carnac on October 31, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Many of these polls don’t care about accuracy. It’s about propping up Dems from staying home or voting for Romney; and getting indies to vote w the “winner.”

matthew8787 on October 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Are we going to get any predictions from Patrick Ishmael here before the election?

OmahaConservative on October 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I just realized something — this election may become known as the Intrade election. Intrade is the new element this time.

People are betting on this election and when many of the polls are revealed as garbage or worse (deliberately deceptive with risible D/R/I strats) the people who lost money won’t just move on and forget about it. Bets are great memory enhancers.

We’ve had bad polls every election and the bad pollsters have survived to badly poll again. That may not happen this time. I doubt the losers can sue the pollsters but they’ll make some kind of stink. This may not come immediately, but will crop up in the next election cycle.

Of course, this all depends on the national Gallup poll on Romney vs. Obama being accurate. I think it is and this election will not be close.

Pythagoras on October 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Ed–I left this comment in the main the thread:

A close friend told me yesterday that when she misses the routine polling calls, they’ll go straight to voice mail. Well one particular robo-poll will automatically select Obama for her every time and then ask how likely are you to vote for him on a scale of 1 to 5. We’re in SE VA. They’re the LAST people to vote for Obama. Never. I’ve asked her to send me a recording so I can forward it onto Ed and Hot Air.
conservative pilgrim on October 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM

conservative pilgrim on October 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Ha. I just got polled by Study America. 4 Qs: 1) male/female.2) age 3) did I vote early or on Election Day 4) Obama or Romney.

conservative pilgrim on October 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Has anyone heard of Study America??? I looked them up and get nothing.

conservative pilgrim on October 31, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Pythagoras on October 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM

What’s going to happen this election is that if Romney wins, and wins big, most pollsters will likely be discredited completely. There’s been a lot of accusations this time around that the pollsters are in collusion with the MSM. If Romney wins big and shows that to be true, I don’t think people are going to forget this time like they have with other elections.

Doomberg on October 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

conservative pilgrim on October 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Hmmmm, doesn’t surprise me in the least…

OmahaConservative on October 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM