They’re Not In Wisconsin Anymore
posted at 4:15 pm on October 30, 2012 by Mitch Berg
Late last week, news got out that both Mitt and The One were advertising in Minnesota.
The Conventional Wisdom on both the left and right was “It was intended to cover western Wisconsin”, a fertile source of GOP votes for any potential attempt to flip the state.
But over the weekend the Star/Tribune Minnesota Poll showed Minnesota a three point race – and this morning, Bill Clinton started his day leading a rally at the University of Minnesota…
…and the former President and Team Obama’s killer app is on his way to Duluth this afternoon.
Democrats in Minnesota are spinning the Duluth trip as part of the plan to help returning DFL nominee Rick Nolan unseat freshman GOP rep Chip Cravaack, and help unseat freshman Sean Duffy across the bay in Wisconsin – which makes sense if you ignore all the bleeding he’s needed to stanch in Ohio, Colorado, New Hampshire and Florida.
But Minneapolis? The heart of the Big Blue Machine?
Minnesota may not be in play. But if it were, what would Team Obama be doing differently?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen