Green Room

Sometimes, A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Lefty Words

posted at 10:08 pm on October 30, 2012 by

So if you only get your news from MSNBC, first of all, I pity you. But if you do, you may have heard once, or twice, or a thousand times how rotten Mitt Romney was for showing up in Ohio and encouraging donations of money and goods to victims of Hurricane Sandy. A sample of the vitriol can be found in the video by AP of Andrea Mitchell, and a little later in the day by Martin Bashir.

The criticism comes from the Red Cross asking basically for money and blood, and not being able to process canned goods and supplies. While true the Red Cross cannot take emergency supplies, there are plenty of food banks and other charitable entities in the tri-state area that can. But what the lefties on MSNBC can’t bear to tell you is that both Mitt Romney and Ann Romney solicited money in donations to the Red Cross.

Here’s Mitt yesterday, knowing what was to come as the storm was approaching.

In Wisconsin, his wife, Ann, did the same thing.

But since video is often confusing to our friends on the left, I thought it best to simplify, showing that a picture is indeed worth a thousand words, especially if they’re inaccurate. Here’s Mitt Romney at the collection center today in Ohio.

See the ginormous television screen behind his right shoulder? Guess what’s on that screen? A giant red cross that says Donate $10 for Hurricane Sandy relief by sending a text to 90999.

Honestly, lefties, journalism isn’t really this hard.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

They are very interested in petty picayune details about what Romney is raising for the victims of the hurricane and are quick to criticize, but they have no interest at all in any details whatsoever about how and why four Americans were murdered in a terrorist attack in Benghazi, much less criticism.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for this.

Reckon anybody will ask who gave the stand down order?

DanMan on October 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Lindsey, immunize Gen. Ham and have him testify tomorrow. farsighted…sympatico

DanMan on October 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM

BINDERS!!!!

Strike Hornet on October 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Oh and Andrea was so proud of herself she tweeted it out to her boss and Bill Burton promptly retweeted it.

Momma on October 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

There is nothing Romney could have done or said to avert this criticism from the left. They are vile.

I love that he doesn’t let that garbage unnerve him.

He will make a great president.

Jvette on October 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Does anyone know of a charity started by a lefty in the last 30-40 years? Heinz was a Republican; Ford probably was – none of them would have agreed with the entitlement mindset of today. Sure Soros has his “charities” but most are staffed to heckle conservatives.

And too many charities pay exorbitant salaries to executives who just take money from others. And they complain about businesses that actually contribute to them.

MN J on October 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

BINDERS!!!!

Strike Hornet on October 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Somewhere out there in the deepest darkest recesses of the blogosphere, a lefty blogger is organizing a “binder drive” for the Red Cross, even as we speak type.

Glenn Jericho on October 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Well-played, DP.

Capitalist Hog on October 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Notice the empty use and over emphasization of the word “personal” in the MSDNC clip.

“That’s why he had multiple pppersonal conversations with the governor of New Jersey”

So Obama knows how to use a telephone, and that makes him- Jesus and Romney- Attila the Hun?

Glenn Jericho on October 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

A food drive for hurricane victims. Oh, the humanity!

Screw you, MSNBC. I’m counting down the minutes to your utter distruction on Election Day.

NebCon on October 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Martin Bashir, who pays attention to that attention whore?

ExpressoBold on October 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Its self-serving claptrap. The Red Cross doesn’t need toilet paper, it needs MONEY. It doesn’t need a Romney Campaign rally gussied up as a charity event, it needs boots on the ground which cost MONEY. This whole thing of “help your neighbor, give some canned food.” Please. Its just a way for people to tell themselves “well I did something, I’m a good person.” Donate some cash and quit patting yourselves on the back.

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

SailorMark on October 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Holy Crap this is the Holy Grail of a liberal’s desperate need to be relevant.

HatfieldMcCoy on October 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Maybe I’m showing my age but wasn’t there a time when Andrea Mitchell at least pretended to be an objective journalist? Not the bitter, obvious “all the pretty things must die!” miopic hack she presents herself as today?

CrustyB on October 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM

This is just a taste of what’s to come if Romney wins. Here’s another taste:

Former secretary of health and human services in Massachusetts, Philip Johnston, told Salon.com “It speaks volumes about the tragic outcome of Romney’s view on regulatory issues. There are two dozen people who died needlessly. It was clearly the responsibility of the company to protect them, but it was also the responsibility of the government at various levels, and, as far as I’m concerned, they failed.”

That’s right: Romney is now being tied to the meningitis deaths. We also must not forget how serious Romney’s war on Big Bird is:

Mitt Romney’s comment in the first debate about defunding Big Bird was the fodder for lots of jokes, but it has more serious implications, not just for public funding for the arts, but for the future of America’s global competitiveness. As America’s economy has become less focused on manufacturing and more on innovation, design and global branding, much of America’s future will depend on a vital, innovative cultural and artistic environment in our country.

America’s economy depends on Big Bird.

Baerwulf on October 31, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Yeah, that Romney fellow is pretty darned evil, eh? Can you believe that guy? How evil. How dumb. How unpresidential, like, and stuff, and what not.

kburchard on October 31, 2012 at 3:02 AM

You realize, don’t you Ed, that your autoplay ads drown out the videos you post? You can’t hear the posted video because the ads suddenly start screaming, and there’s no way to shut them up. See e.g., Marriott ad posted on this thread. I love Hot Air, but I’m leaving now. I’ll check in monthly to see if you’ve fixed the problem.

2ndMAW68 on October 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM

When elected, Romney Derangement Syndrom will be far worse than BDS.

Rod on October 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM

MSNBS blows in the ratings dept. too – No Wonder

Green Room video,

Avant-garde.

FlaMurph on October 31, 2012 at 7:24 AM

MSNBC: The home of the OWS bitter clingers.

TheStatistQuo on October 31, 2012 at 7:40 AM

2ndMAW68 on October 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I have complained about this for months. Used the tips email address above. I’ve had responses saying they’re working on it, but somehow, their “working” must not really be “on it.” It’s so annoying and I too am about ready to give it up. It’s not the only news/opinion aggregate out there.

Ed, fix it, please. Get rid of all autoplay ads.

Qzsusy on October 31, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Sometimes, A Picture Is Worth more than A Thousand Lefty Words

Little bit of editing needed there.

Herb on October 31, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I wish he had said donate to the Salvation Army but that would have made their heads explode. Personal experience here on the Outer banks is that the SA arrives way ahead of the Red Cross and stays way after. And, they don’t have fancy offices in DC that suck up part of the donations.

That said: nicely done Mitt. Easy to do when it comes from the heart and is not contrived.

Dingbat63 on October 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM

2ndMAW68 on October 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Ed, fix it, please. Get rid of all autoplay ads.

Qzsusy on October 31, 2012 at 7:54 AM

You two need to download Mozilla Firefox and then after installing Firefox, click on this: AdBlock Plus and you’ll never see or hear them again. Trust me, you’ll thank me for it!

ManWithNoName on October 31, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Glenn Jericho on October 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It’s because the Left just can’t consider that no one will swoon or fall down in worshipful glory when they hear Obama’s voice, especially OVER THE PHONE. This isn’t about reporting news, it’s about continuing to promote Dear Leader.

Lourdes on October 31, 2012 at 8:25 AM

2ndMAW68 on October 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM

To all the people dealing with the autoplay ads.

I use Google Chrome, and I downloaded a Chrome plugin called AdBlock (free) and I haven’t had any problems with the autoplay advertisements since.

SauerKraut537 on October 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Romney Derangement Syndrom will be far worse than BDS.

Rod on October 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I agree. The Left has 4 years of pent-up anger about the horrific presidency of their Cult Leader. They are ready to explode.

Sometimes I think the average Leftist -wants- a GOP president. They desperately need and lust for a “bad guy” to complain about, to blame the ills of the world upon, and to hate. Otherwise their world view doesn’t make sense. That’s because their ideology is based on economic illiteracy: their policies do not work in real life.

visions on October 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I get to see many senior management presentations. It’s almost a sport to tell the bu11sh!tters from the leaders. One of the easiest ways to do this is to speak in vague terms about a subject; it’s an easy way to show you have no idea about the subject in question.

That’s what Obama is doing. “These people know what they’re doing” is code for “I have no idea what they do, and so I’m going to let them handle it”. He’s bu11sh!tting.

I’ve worked with the Red Cross for several years; they’re wonderful people who understand that the average citizen wants to help, but is not always able to help the way the Red Cross chooses. Fundamentally, people want to contribute something tangible and find money a crude way of showing you care. Any idiot can throw money at a problem, they say. Giving something personal is more valuable than money.

My guess is that the Red Cross is already on this one, and is partnering with many food banks to do the right thing.

Finally, Mayor Kasim Reed was bu11sh!tting too. Obama could not possibly have been “Commander In Chief” of a civilian effort. Either he’s not aware of the difference between civilian and military relief efforts, or he’s trying to prop up Obama’s cred. That little bit of stupidity immediately popped out at me.

Bigurn on October 31, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I kid you not, in central MA, a few weeks ago, the media touted these three conflicting ideas.

US food stamp use was up to 47 million recipients this fall.

MA had the highest increase in food stamp enrollment in the nation.

Food pantry shelves were bare, please give food stuffs and household supplies.

The Romney bus need only go over the mountain into W.VA and some cold hungry people would be pleased to have the donations.

Fleuries on October 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I’m a Republican here in NYS and I feel like a one man army. Makes me wonder where the mind set is for those that are in doubt of whom to vote for. Our Country is dyeing.

mixplix on October 31, 2012 at 9:39 AM

MSM: That Romney guy can’t do nothing right. So says me and all my buddies. Yeah! And you got too many kids too!

KCsecurity1976 on October 31, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Food banks always need donations. A lot of churches have pantries, too. Some of the local grocery stores and even Walmart have collection centers to provide for their communities. Hence the old saw, charity begins at home. Meanwhile, dear leader shows up in NJ with empty hands and more rhetoric.

Kissmygrits on October 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Generally speaking liberals are good at donating their opinions to charity while conservatives are willing to part with their money.

kemojr on October 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM