Frankenstorm: The day after
posted at 3:15 pm on October 30, 2012 by Allahpundit
The city is crippled but I was extraordinarily lucky. No flooding, no power outage, just an overnight loss of Internet service that was repaired by noon today plus 12 hours of howling wind yesterday afternoon and evening. All set now for a full shift of blogging about … how nothing’s going on in the news except “Frankenstorm: The day after” coverage.
If you haven’t seen it yet, do not miss this Atlantic feature separating real photos of Sandy destruction from fakes that circulated yesterday on Twitter. Most, incredibly, are authentic; this one, of LaGuardia underwater, appears to be so too.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained