Green Room

Confirmed: MSNBC can find something to criticize even in Romney’s hurricane relief rally

posted at 6:49 pm on October 30, 2012 by

I thought repurposing a campaign event to encourage aid to Sandy’s victims might earn him an hour or two of semi-neutrality from the network, but no, I guess that’s not in the cards seven days out from the big vote.

Here’s a link to the Red Cross’s website, incidentally, which I arrived at via a link from … Mitt Romney’s campaign homepage.

Update: It’s worse than I thought.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Why are you afraid to go to the front page and comment on the “granny” ad? Troll, much?

Go. Be brave. Defend it.

ladyingray on October 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Romney looks like an awkward little kid trying to figure out how to handle this. And now he’s being mocked. Just what you want in the final week of a campaign.

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Actually, the press that covered his relief efforts disagree with you.

Mitsouko on October 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Care to answer why obaka is now spending money in ads in…freakin’ Detroit??

Front page, dudes.

See ya, there, brave ones…

ladyingray on October 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Romney looks like he has no clue what to do. Half-hearted semi-rallies look silly. Either go ahead and campaign or sit it out. But don’t make it look like you’re scared of your own shadow.

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Yep, Obama should be campaigning too, because Bill Clinton is doing him no favours comparing him to a whiny child. On the other hand, carry on Obama.

Mitsouko on October 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Do you even bother reading these posts? Tell me since you seem to think you have all the facts. How much has Romney donated to the RC? Tell me too, how much has your hero 0 donated? When you are finished with that, get your ass down to Morehouse and get those fine folks straight.

Bmore on October 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Far more people care about how Obama is performing in this crisis than cares about what happened in Benghazi. And Obama is smart enough to realize this and is getting more benefit out of “monitoring” hurricane relief efforts than actually campaigning.

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

My my, aren’t you effective. So this is a pretty interesting gimmick you got going for you. Sort of a Bobby “The Brain” thing, huh?

It’s cute in a sad, desperate sort of way. I’m guessing you get some sort of pleasure in getting earnest conservatives riled up. That has to be it, because there’s no other way you could be as off base as Andrea Mitchell was and then some as you appear to be here.

“Far more people care about how Obama is performing” you claim, but with what authority? What poll or principle do you base that kind of wishful thinking on? Are you talking about the 8 million people without power? The people in solid blue states on the North East Coast? Nah, you’re just trolling…efficiently, but I guess the jokes ultimately on you. Who’d want to be the kind of person who takes delight in the displeasure of others?

DeathtotheSwiss on October 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Its self-serving claptrap. The Red Cross doesn’t need toilet paper, it needs MONEY. It doesn’t need a Romney Campaign rally gussied up as a charity event, it needs boots on the ground which cost MONEY. This whole thing of “help your neighbor, give some canned food.” Please. Its just a way for people to tell themselves “well I did something, I’m a good person.” Donate some cash and quit patting yourselves on the back.

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

They said they need blood. Did you give any? Did you send any money? Did you do anything except come here to be an ass?

Night Owl on October 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

They weren’t even donating the goods to the Red Cross.

“We’re going to box these things up in just a minute and put them on some trucks, and then we’re going to send them into, I think it’s New Jersey. There’s a site we’ve identified where we can take these goods and distribute them to people who need them,” he said.

DeathtotheSwiss on October 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Food banks can always take the food if the Red Cross can’t process it. What an unimaginative, partisan harpy.

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

NYT/CBS poll: Obama 48% Romney 47%. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10

The sample size is 563 LVs. Who the hell runs with a sample that small a week before election day?

I guess that they wanted Obama to be +1. In every poll, as the sample size increases and MOE decreases, Romney’s lead increases.

Anyhoo, breaking down the poll, which is 36/31/33 D+5.

* R has a +9 advantage in voter enthusiasm.

* R has a +12 advantage with Independents.

* R has a +17 advantage with whites.

* O is only pulling in 83% of non-whites (R gets 14%).

* R has a +6 advantage on the economy.

* R has a +6 advantage on immigration.

* R has a +15 advantage on the budget deficit.

* R has a +11 advantage on who will work better with Reps & Dems in Congress.

* R has a +9 advantage on leadership.

* 70% of Americans think Romney will not raise taxes on businesses.

* 80% of Americans think Obama will raise taxes on businesses.

* 54% of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track. (39% on right track).

* O is -6 on Libya among all adults. 51% of LV disapprove. 57% of Independents disapprove of his handling of Libya.

Despite the MSM’s best efforts, 75% of Americans have heard or read a lot about Benghazi.

Resist We Much on October 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Having lived through Katrina I can tell you we didn’t need money as much as we needed HELP. We needed people to come help us take away the garbage, tear houses down infected with mold, and help rebuild them.

There was only ONE GROUP that did this, and they did it for five years.

Church groups.

They came and helped and it was invaluable. We don’t know what would have happened if they didn’t do this. We had people give up their vacations year after year helping us. And the Coast is VERY, VERY grateful.

You can bet they’ll be loading their vans again, lending a hand to others. God bless them all.

itsspideyman on October 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Andrea Mitchell said today the Red Cross “doesn’t need or want” Romney’s relief donations. http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/andrea-mitchell-says-red-cross-doesnt-need-or-wa

canopfor on October 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Gov. Christie is an honorable man and Shep’s Fox piece showed this; he calls them as he sees them. He will walk the President through demolished neighborhoods, and trash strewn streets. The Governor truly thinks first for the people of New Jersey. The optics of this disaster will help the President, but only with the low informed, and for the most part, they don’t vote. The electorate that is driven to the polls this year knows about Ambassador Stephens murder, watched the three debates, and see Gov. Romney as a man that would participate with his church based disaster relief group for this exact event. Gov. Romney is a goody too shoes for sure, but he’s a goody too shoes that will punch back and prolly reeeally hard and 50.8% of the populace that participate this cycle will vote for that. Barack Obama can’t get more than 47.5% of the electorate that vote this year, disaster or not.

unkleBo6 on October 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You’re not even funny any more.

Del Dolemonte on October 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

He was never funny, Del. It doesn’t even make sense what he’s saying. “Don’t give (A), you’re just giving (A) to make you feel good, give (B) instead.”

Food and money are both important about now. I am incredibly lucky where I live. We didn’t lose power and tomorrow we can use the roads again. I’ll tell you this. If things had gotten bad, and a truck pulled up with cans and toilet paper I wouldn’t be complaining that it wasn’t from the Red Cross. The fact that people are nitpicking this is just evidence that they’re desperate and apparently rather immature on top of that.

I’d like to think that if Romney loses or was losing badly I wouldn’t throw a hissy fit or act like such a child as Gumby or Lib or Andrea Mitchell and 99% of the media. I don’t recall freaking out like this when Senator Obama became President Obama in 2008 and I pretty much believed everything that was going to happen was going to happen…so…is it me? Is it us? Are we weird for not spazzing out like little children finding out that Christmas was cancelled?

DeathtotheSwiss on October 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

unkleBo6 on October 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Anyone who has watched Obama for the past four years is not going to be impressed by this last minute, mainly Blue State ass kissing. Where was he when Texas was on fire? Where was he when Missouri was flooded? Where was he for the gulf oil spill?

It’s like when I leave to go shopping and give my daughter a list of things to do. When she hears the garage door open and knows I’m back, she runs around like a maniac trying to look busy. That is all he’s doing. I’m not stupid, and neither is anyone but degenerate morons who were Obama voters to begin with.

Night Owl on October 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

What’s this garbage? Why do I have to go both the homepage and greenroom to get my fix of Allahpundit? I’d like it in a syringe…or at least one location!

dgarone on October 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

dgarone on October 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Think of it this way. One is the needle, the other the spoon.

Bmore on October 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You mean like driving a Prius?

Left Coast Right Mind on October 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

That sure makes sense. Cause Lord knows I keep showing up at my job so that I can make sure my kids have some crisp dollar bills to munch on. And whenever a neighbor bakes a dish and brings it over, I just set it on the counter and skulk about glaring at it, wondering how they could be so heartless as to bring over a lasagna platter instead of giving me a 20.

This is a particularly ironic rant coming from someone who supports a party that has never missed a chance to crucify someone for not being a good person because they don’t give enough money (sometimes to charity, but mostly they mean to the federal government). From the party of “giving money makes you a good person”, the complaint of “people only donate food to make them feel like a good person” is weak tea.

The Schaef on October 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Its self-serving claptrap…Its just a way for people to tell themselves “well I did something, I’m a good person.”

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Funny. You just described the liberal mindset to a ‘T.’

fossten on October 31, 2012 at 7:46 AM