Gallup tracking poll: Good news for both?
posted at 2:33 pm on October 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Well, sort of. Mitt Romney extended his tracking poll lead to five points and leads 51/46 in the seven-day result among likely voters. Romney also picked up a point among registered voters to tie Barack Obama again at 48/48. However, Obama picked up a huge 7 points in the gap on his job approval rating to go from 48/48 to 51/44.
On the other hand, is that really good news for Obama? He apparently had a big day of polling in regard to his job approval, and yet it did nothing for his standing in the election. That would suggest that the vote is mostly unchangeable at this stage.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen