Frankenstorm: Most of Atlantic City already underwater
posted at 11:44 am on October 29, 2012 by Allahpundit
Bear in mind, we’re still hours away from the storm hitting full force. Here in NYC, the rain hasn’t even started yet.
Rising waters put most of Atlantic City under water Monday as the approach of Hurricane Sandy flooded towns up and down the New Jersey shore, knocked out power to thousands and left some people stranded in water-surrounded homes, forcing rescues. Emergency officials said they expected conditions to get much worse at evening high tide.
“The city’s basically flooded,” said Willie Glass, the city’s public safety director. “Most of the city is under water.”
I’m following the NYT’s liveblog for local updates, but if you have better suggestions for hurricane news, kindly post the links below.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation