Green Room

While you all watch polls and football …

posted at 12:07 pm on October 28, 2012 by

… I’ll be spending the day with my granddaughters at a pumpkin farm, as we do every year on the Sunday before Halloween.  Maybe I’ll post a picture or two when we get back.

Here’s a question for everyone — has poll watching become the new spectator sport?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Pumpkin pics would be fun and a welcome break…
My brain hurts from worrying about this election.

jffree1 on October 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Politics has always been my football. Presidential elections are like the Superbowl while the midterms are like college football.

joekenha on October 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Only for political junkies like us. Most people would probably rather eat broken glass.

NotCoach on October 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I feel so green when I post here.

faraway on October 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I asked a woman this week what she thought about Benghazi. she’d never heard of it.

so while we lose our minds watching the polls, the rest of the country thinks O is making everything mo’ better.

kelley in virginia on October 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

kelley in virginia on October 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Young?

Single?

Awful tattoo on right arm?

Self absorbed actress and writer?

NotCoach on October 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Didn’t realize they grew pumpkins that far north. Polls have become so numerous I guess we need to form leagues. Then polls could compete for the super bowl of polls. This would then lead to fantasy teams or you name it.
Hope you have wonderful time with the grands. Do send pics.

dhugh on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Enjoy the pumpkin patch. I never enjoyed polls but you and Allah do a great job in breaking them down. I now know what to look for more than I ever did. There are so many of them though and the ones for this election — esh.

CoffeeLover on October 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Only at HotAir.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

NotCoach on October 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I’d consider myself a political junky, and I’m sooo tired of this election.

It’s like how Christmas is nearly ruined every year by the constant media barage. One just wants it to be over so some peace can be had.

RedCrow on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Didn’t realize they grew pumpkins that far north.

dhugh on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

1630 lbs – Minnesota Grown.

climbnjump on October 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I’m not really poll-watching. It’s just that what I read about them–especially the lib-sping–has made the need to watch any comedy unnecessary.

stukinIL4now on October 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Here’s a question for everyone — has poll watching become the new spectator sport troll magnet?

MichaelGabriel on October 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I had posted late one evening last week that I’m recovering from a broken pelvis so all I’m doing is poll watching! (And my OSU Cowboys on Saturdays) Thanks to Hot Air I can update my friends on Benghazi and reassure them that the polls are looking good even with the over sampling of Democrats. First day of early voting in Oklahoma is next Friday and me and my walker will be there!
Ed, enjoy the pumpkin patch and your precious granddaughters!

tj4osu on October 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Sounds like a fantastic Fall Family Fun thing to do! Yes to pics! And yes to polls as a spectator sport! No doubt!

Minorcan Maven on October 28, 2012 at 3:33 PM

climbnjump on October 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

That sure is bigger than our watermelons here in Georgia.

dhugh on October 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Our polls are about as trustworthy and truthful as the MSM and the Pathological-Liar-in-Chief himself. That has been amply proven already.

FlatFoot on October 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

FlatFoot on October 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

dogsoldier on October 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM

NotCoach on October 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

That’s funny – I serve broken glass at my poll-watching parties.

Steve Eggleston on October 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM

MichaelGabriel on October 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Mmmm, Ogre Egg like BBQ troll.

Steve Eggleston on October 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Our group of 40 amateur volunteers have for the second weekend in a row driven over 460 miles one way to the Vegas area to work GOTV for team Romney.

Enthusiasm appears to be strong here.

Have fun in the pumpkin patch, Ed. Cheers to the rest of my Comrades.

JPeterman on October 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

The real competition is in “poll skewing”, not watching.

listens2glenn on October 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I’ve never had the urge to go picking on ANY pumpkin, other than the usual Obama supporters/apologists…

And we seem to have a bumper crop of those this year.

o_O