Green Room

When you’ve lost Madonna concert-goers …

posted at 9:18 am on October 28, 2012 by

Actually, I’m not sure what demographic Madonna’s audience would fall into, but I’m pretty sure it’s not any of the traditional Republican constituencies.  And yet

Madonna drew some jeers from her crowd in New Orleans on Saturday night after she told audience members to vote for President Obama, the Associated Press reports.

“Who’s registered to vote?” she said, adding, “I don’t care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama.”

The comment was followed by boos and some walk outs from the audience.

Yeah, but were they Voguing on their way out?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

what an idiot…..

cmsinaz on October 28, 2012 at 9:24 AM

People of all stripes are realizing that Obama needs to go and that Romney is the one to vote for. The smart people, anyway.

Obama is yesterday’s stale news.

bluegill on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Madonna?

That old gal from the 80’s that likes to have sex with burning crosses? Or is she the old floosy that wore that red jump suit that sang Oops I did it Again??

It’s hard to keep up with the old pole dancers in pop music.

PappyD61 on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I would NEVER walk out of a Madonna concert.

Of course, I would never walk IN to a Madonna concert…

Kraken on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Madonna?

That old gal from the 80′s that likes to have sex with burning crosses? Or is she the old floosy that wore that red jump suit that sang Oops I did it Again??

It’s hard to keep up with the old pole dancers in pop music.

PappyD61 on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don’t know why performers,actors etc. insist on trying to alienate half of their potential fan base / paying customers.

BTW “Oops” girl in a Republican.

Animal60 on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

“at some point (madonna) you’ve made enough money and you become a JOKE…”

screwauger on October 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Imagine being the children of that old whore. “Yeah. That’s my 50-year-old mom up there. Showing her ass. Wanna go to the mall?”

Nothing beats a childhood spent being the kid of the town’s sad old bitter whore.

Rational Thought on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I would NEVER walk out of a Madonna concert.
Of course, I would never walk IN to a Madonna concert…
Kraken on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hehe. Nice one

bluegill on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM

This happened in Dallas also. Later in the show, I was told she presented her backside to the audience with “Obama” in a temporary tattoo where the tramp stamp lives. While I find that an apt analogy, she was booed lustily a second time.

Want to know what you have in common with Madonna? Precisely one opinion.

hungrymongo on October 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Celebs should be careful, they’re making themselves look stupid by backing Obama, while the entire country is sick of him. They ask people to believe them over their lying eyes and Americans just aint that dumb.

Valkyriepundit on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

She is used to Los Angelos version of LA crowds not the Louisiana version of LA crowds.

KW64 on October 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

She’s like everyone’s Aunt Selma – – a woman who really isn’t a blood relative that you keep seeing at family reunions. Back quite a few decades/marriages ago she was a real looker, but the cigarettes and the booze coughed all the pretty out of her.

Now, she just buttonholes people at parties and gives them “life advice,” even though nobody in their right minds would take advice from this collection of Bad Life Decisions.

DarthBrooks on October 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

In Denver, Madonna was 3 hours late to her concert, pretended to ‘shoot’ her audience (IN COLORADO! – after the recent theater shootings!), and the proceeded to talk politics. Lots of people walked out.

LilyBart on October 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I would NEVER walk out of a Madonna concert.

Of course, I would never walk IN to a Madonna concert…

Kraken on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

No other words needed … that speaks for all of us. : )

listens2glenn on October 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

She is wrecking her brand over a completely worthless empty suit.

dogsoldier on October 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

. . . Back quite a few decades/marriages ago she was a real looker, but the cigarettes and the booze coughed all the pretty out of her.

DarthBrooks on October 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I’ll give her credit for maintaining her athletic conditioning, in spite of the “cigarettes and the booze”.

I’m sure she can “run rings around me”.
Just the same, what Kraken said above.

listens2glenn on October 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Also, we went to an Eagles concert about 10 years ago – and between every 2-3 songs, they made political comments. People were angry. They didn’t pay money to listen to these idiots talk politics.

LilyBart on October 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Seriously, what were they doing at a Madonna concert in the first place?

stukinIL4now on October 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

SUAS

Knott Buyinit on October 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM

This happened in NEW ORLEANS!?

itsacookbook on October 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM

You mean people are unwilling to take voting advice from a woman with a 10th-grade education? Wow, I did not see that coming.

Maddie on October 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Madonna trying to be so cool,

Not working..

In other news, Madonna is still trying to be so cool and it’s not working,

SparkPlug on October 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

If you base your vote on what this *woman* says, there is nothing anyone can do to save you.

redlucy on October 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

did she threaten to strip nekkid, again ?

CaveatEmpty on October 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Madonna giving political advice is like…Madonna giving advice about how to avoid STDs.

And, anyway, I’m pretty sure she’s British now.

RedCrow on October 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Elton John’s stock is rising.

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Madonna. Eww.

Just thinking about it makes me wanna burn every bed in America and do the coarse brush scrub with Comet, Lysol, and some wicked-evil industrial solvent.

shudder

M240H on October 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

This is why I never attend concerts/performances by openly LIBERAL “artists”…

They are free to line their pockets with someone else’s money, thank you very much…

Khun Joe on October 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I would NEVER walk out of a Madonna concert.

Of course, I would never walk IN to a Madonna concert…

Kraken on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

….Can’t walk out cause you’d never walk in!!! LOVE IT!!!

THREAD WINNING LINE, KRAKEN!!!

Vntnrse on October 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Gee! Thanks, Madonna! I had no idea who to vote for before you piped up and told me! Thanks!

What a self-important femizombie.

CrustyB on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Good for them. A few years ago I received an unsolicited lesson on W’s foreign policy from John Fogerty at the Houston Rodeo of all places. The egos of these performers are absurd.

Transpo on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Madonna. Political genius that happens to be a singer, performer, artist slut.

OkieDoc on October 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I thought Madonna was British now. Just a Passing Fancy?

Fleuries on October 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Valkyriepundit on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Sigh, don’t be too sure on that Valkyrie…after all, this Adminstration got in SOMEHOW….and it wasn’t because the door was unlocked either.

Otherwise, Madonnas opinion is about as relevant as whale oil lamps and buggy whips.

BlaxPac on October 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Top Pick

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM
Top Pick

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really