WaPo: Obama leading in VA if …
posted at 10:15 am on October 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… Republicans have the worst turnout ever. Their likely voter sample is only 27% Republican; even in the D+6 2008 election, the electorate was 33% Republican. In 2009, when Bob McDonnell won the gubernatorial election, the D/R/I was 33/37/30 for an R+4. Has the electorate in VA swung eight points in the gap away from the GOP since McDonnell’s election? Today’s VA model of 31/27/35 is rather laughable, and confidence in the topline of an Obama lead at 51/47 should hardly be high.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained