Green Room

“Romney has pretty much nailed down Florida”

posted at 9:49 am on October 28, 2012 by

So says Mason-Dixon’s pollster, breaking down the latest Tampa Bay Times poll showing Romney up by six points in the state’s critical “I-4” corridor.  Jim Geraghty’s top source says the GOP nominee’s Saturday swing through the Sunshine State was all about “putting Florida away.”  Mission accomplished?  As for Romney’s schedule, it’s Ohio today, Wisconsin tomorrow.  UPDATE – Question for the gallery: Will Romney set foot in Florida again over the next nine days?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Damn straight. Onward to victory!

bluegill on October 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

But what about all the senior citizens that were going to be terrified of Romney/Ryan??? ALL the Libs said so- I can still see Stephanie Cutter’s smug little smirk when she thanked Romney for the “gift” of Paul Ryan as a running mate. Ahhhh, good times.

BettyRuth on October 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I live in the I-4 corridor and I could have told you this weeks ago. Oblameo is toast here.

BeachBum on October 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM

@ BeachBum on October 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Music to my ears up here in NoVA.

RealMc on October 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Forward!!!!!!

The Count on October 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Forward!!!!!!

You’ve got that wrong it’s “Foward!!”

Northwoods on October 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I don’t know about Romney, but Ryan will be in Fernandina tomorrow.

joekenha on October 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

The Romey campaign ran an ad blitz on the Miami stations during last night’s major college games. The message was bipartisan leadership, which I think will appeal to Florida swing voters. It struck me as a “seal the deal” type of ad.

SWLiP on October 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

You’ve got that wrong it’s “Foward!!”

Today, sure, but it’ll be “Forward!!!!!!” by Thursday.

Fabozz on October 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I’d like to see him go to Florida and help Mr. Long against that nut Alan Grayson.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Isn’t that the truth Cindy Munford. I can’t believe I read an article where Grayson is nicely ahead in that district. oi vey

CoffeeLover on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

CoffeeLover on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yep, I don’t understand the RNC on this one. Spend a little cash and since the a lot of the swing states are out of commission, do a little face time. A commenter here said it is not a lost cause.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Does anyone know how West is doing? The last time I heard anything he was ahead! I sure hope he does win.
L

letget on October 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I think he’ll make at least another brief stop. He’s tireless and won’t want to appear to take FL for granted. Then the rest will be Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, Iowa, VA…

ThanksMo on October 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Hopefully Life begins anew on Nov. 7th. Romney will be headed to Congress to help them with their Lame Duck. I would like to see him stare Harry Reid down. “Stand Down, Harry!” Vote for your *lousy* republican senate candidate ok? he is still better than the democrat.

Fleuries on October 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

BeachBum on October 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Agreed. I live in Land O Lakes and saw Romney last night. According to the paper there were 15K at the Land O Lakes HS football stadium, although at the event they said 17K plus. The local ABC news said 2-3,000……can you believe it?…..sure you can.

For a background Land O Lakes is about 30 miles north of Tampa and semi-rural. Newer sub-divisions, were popping up like flies until the boom ended, cow and cattle pastures and orange groves. We were told Wed night he was coming and I spoke with the local committeewoman and guy in charge of the Romney campaign here in Pasco county. They were “hoping” for 10K, I thought, no way in 3 days would there be anyway to get that many people here…..boy was I wrong!

I’ve seen a total of 3 small snipe signs for Obama but there are signs for Romney EVERYWHERE, especially big ones on large plots of land and smaller snipe signs. In 08 it was about 50/50. There are about 25 to 1 bumper stickers for Romney to Obama, in 08 there were more bumper stickers for Obama than McCain.

There is no doubt in my mind Romney has FL locked up. The news is saying it’s close to keep you on edge and watching, believe me, it won’t be close

suzyque on October 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

BTW:

Will Romney set foot in Florida again over the next nine days?

No, there’s no need to

suzyque on October 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

suzyque on October 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

L

letget on October 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Have you seen any news on how Rubio’s daughter is doing? I haven’t seen a word. I pray she is OK.</blockquote

They did say she was life flighted but is in stable condition. From what I can tell I don't think her life is in danger though. Keep her in your prayers.

suzyque on October 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM

suzyque on October 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thanks for your information. I will indeed keep the child and family in my prayers.
L

letget on October 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

O/T:

I just did some more Internet research. Result: Andrew Sullivan is a fluffin nutter.

Go to news busters to see him make a fool of himself.

SparkPlug on October 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

L

letget on October 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

She had a concussion and was kept overnight for observation. I haven’t heard that she was being released, but she was flown to the Children’s Hospital as a precaution. What a scary situation and I’m assuming that Rubio will be hugging his baby for the next nine days rather than helping on the trail as is appropriate.

Illinidiva on October 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Ugh.. I had the misfortune of watching Andrew Sullivan today on the sunday shows… that guy literally thinks he is the smartest person alive.

Everything that spills out his mouth is just wrong. And he still calls himself conservative. Then again, if he finally admitted he was a liberal then nobody would listen to his stupid rants.

johnnyboy on October 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Top Pick

Your list of demands it a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM