Green Room

Haven’t I Read This Article Before?

posted at 7:04 pm on October 28, 2012 by

It would be pretty lazy for a conservative to write an article decrying the use of the label “pro-choice” by progressives who favor limiting individual choice in everything from purchasing soda to saving for retirement.

The New York Times apparently pays Thomas Friedman to be lazy.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Who is Kevin Glass?

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

And who is this “Thomas Friedman” to whom he refers?

Athanasius on October 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Ron Glass’ bro?

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Who is Kevin Glass?
OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Townhall takeover?

conservative pilgrim on October 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM

yeah, I kept quiet at first but the NEW Green Room just sucks. Where are all the long form pieces shuffled off too?

JohnBrown on October 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM

o.k. this isn’t even an op ed piece or article this is just basically one really long sentence followed by another short sentence. i can write better than this. who is Kevin Glass and what have they done to our green room ?!!!

katee bayer on October 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Who is Kevin Glass?

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Some nobody from Salem. Here’s your “new Green Room”.

A f**king disgrace.

MadisonConservative on October 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

JohnBrown on October 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM.

I think they are working on it.

GW_SS-Delta on October 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Glenn? Is that you?!

Bob's Kid on October 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Some nobody from Salem. Here’s your “new Green Room”.

A f**king disgrace.

MadisonConservative on October 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yep.

It’s a shame they didn’t try to have the new Room coexist with the old one before they so unceremoniously dumped it.

Anti-Control on October 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

I don’t know what is sillier, marxist claptrap spewed by a multimillionaire living in a huge estate or the comments by his lapdog fanbase. It’s along the lines of “Well Tom, it was a well written article and I agree…” like the two of them are sitting down to a brandy and cigar after a meal. I don’t think that fat fraud would ever mix with the hoi polloi.

deimos on October 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM

classic case of if it ain’t broke, let’s mess with it anyway. HA coming off my bookmark toolbar. Too many other great choices to devote so much time to a site that constantly tinkers with shit.

screwauger on October 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Some nobody from Salem. Here’s your “new Green Room”.
A f**king disgrace.
MadisonConservative on October 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You are the disgrace. You are also a rude, disgusting pig. Everything you write on here is a complaint about someone or something, and you always do it in a very crude way.

I happen to like the new Green Room setup. I enjoy the shorter posts, which allow for more interactivity between the writers and also give us more opportunity to comment. Maybe before there were subjects that the bloggers deemed important, but didn’t feel deserved a separate post in the main blog area.

bluegill on October 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Just slightly longer than a twitter-twat.

Jeddite on October 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

The New York Times apparently pays Thomas Friedman to be lazy.

Why is that surprising? That’s pretty much the definition of liberalism.

logis on October 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Some nobody from Salem. Here’s your “new Green Room”.
A f**king disgrace.
MadisonConservative on October 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

bluegill on October 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Bluegill, this is directed at you since you don’t care for Maddy’s verbiage. I’ll keep it as delicate and polite as I can so that your virgin eyes don’t have to suffer profanity from yours truly, as well.

HotAir used to be something special. I came here precisely because it was unique. Now, it’s descended to the level of nearlyevery other conservative blog on the internet (save for a few non-profit, non-corporate blogs that I still read, but I digress). In my opinion, that makes it a lesser, inferior product to what it was before the corporate transition.

Some of my fellow readers will share this sentiment. Others will not. The number of people that do share it will determine if HotAir continues to be successful. Unfortunately for us, the readers, success is not measured in individual opinion. It is measured in the ability of HotAir to make money. That definition of success hasn’t changed since the site’s inception, but with the Salem buyout, the means for achieving that success has necessarily changed.

I have a feeling that when I do stop by here from time-to-time, my comments will be mostly limited to meta-blogging. I can go to The Weekly Standard, Nationl Review Online, or any number of corporate blogs to see the stories covered on HotAir, and largely in the same format. It’s boring, and a sad commentary on the overall homogenization of movement conservatism.

gryphon202 on October 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM

katee bayer on October 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM

“The New Green Room” is a completely different format, akin to National Review Online’s “The Corner.” In order to keep and attract viewers, apparently Salem figured they had to make their sites more like most other commercial conservative sites or something.

gryphon202 on October 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

gryphon202 on October 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Unfortunately, this often happens to independents who become successful. Conglomerates see a monetizing opportunity and buy up the little upstart. Then it becomes part of a mammoth company that is often incapable of appreciating what made the independent successful in the first place.

This is why Obama’s comment about “too big to fail” is laughable. Many times large companies become failures because they have, in fact, become “too big.” They can become unwieldy and unable to respond quickly to innovation and market forces.

Ace of Spades has become my new go-to site.

Ace ODale on October 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM