Green Room

So much for the adult in the room …

posted at 9:48 am on October 27, 2012 by

… as James Taranto writes at the WSJ, regarding Lena Dunham’s ad and the focus on Big Bird (via Instapundit):

Is this sort of thing really going to motivate the “youths” to go to the polls and cast ballots for Obama? Color us skeptical, but what do we know? We haven’t been a youth in some years. It does seem to us, however, that it’s unlikely to help the president with the vast majority of voters who are a decade or more removed from puberty. …

Remember when the media portrayed Obama as “the adult in the room” during the debt-ceiling negotiations? Now he seems to be aiming to run the most juvenile campaign ever.

Hey, at least one candidate in this race seems to take the job seriously.  And when you get down to it, one is all we need.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I played the “First Time” ad for my elderly mother, and her response was: “that was the most asinine commercial I’ve ever seen.”

bluegill on October 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Don’t miss the Crowder parody.

Dextrous on October 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Big Bird has made a flippin’ fortune off of my family from Sesame Street licensed:

videos
diapers/pull-ups
Halloween costume
books
T-shirts
toys
CDs
activity sets
live stage show tix

That feathered freak doesn’t need no stinkin’ handouts.

Laura in Maryland on October 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

From trash you expect something other than trash ?
This is the fabled Obama team, so super bright, the one carried on the shoulders of the media in ’08, also super bright,[they have degrees in journalism]. This is from a president, a nasty tiny excuse of a man, who calls Mitt Romney a “bull——“, like the gutter scum he is, further degrading the presidency. I wonder if this creature picked this up from “Rules for Radicals”, if so, did he also pick up hints on how to lie and/or ignore the Benghazi murders, the ones that haven’t interrupted his campaigning?
What filth.

arand on October 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Obama’s antics have nearly destroyed the stature and prestige of the presidency.

Kataklysmic on October 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Anyone else find it creepy that this “woman” has the same last name as Obama’s mother.

Do the math.

Joe Mama on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I find it creepy that this girl and the creep she speaks of live in the same country as I.

dragondrop on October 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.