Gallup tracking shows Romney steady at +5, but …
posted at 1:27 pm on October 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… the news gets worse for Obama among registered voters. The head-to-head LV is 51/46 Romney, but Obama’s lead is gone among RVs, which are tied at 48. And if that wasn’t bad enough, his approval rating among RVs has dropped to 46/49, a one-day shift from 48/47.
And look at what has happened to that approval rating over the last two days:
— Jon Gabriel (@ExJon) October 27, 2012
Looks like a collapse brewing, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was related to Benghazi, the increasing shrillness and pettiness of Obama’s campaign rhetoric, or both.
Update (AP): To follow up on Ed’s point, you’re well advised to have a look at Gallup’s job approval tracker over time. Except for a blip in mid-September, O’s job rating hasn’t been underwater since the beginning of September, right after the GOP convention. I think Ed’s right that public awareness of Benghazi is catching up to him. Either that, or centrists are starting to tilt towards Romney and this is a sign of abandonment. Certainly fits with the national polls over the last two days.
Update (AP): It’s not just Gallup, either. Check out the late movement in O’s job approval ratings in RCP’s poll average:
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation