Green Room

Team O’s buzz-kill e-mail

posted at 6:34 pm on October 26, 2012 by

Jim Messina sent out this buzzkiller to the e-mail list moments ago:

I’m asking you to dig deep, because I have some bad news:

We just found out that Mitt Romney and the Republicans outraised us in the first half of this month, putting us $45 million behind during these crucial final days.

The math here is pretty simple: With that cash advantage, they can outspend us by $4 million per day, every day, for the final 11 days.

And guess what else is bumming out the Big Bird/bayonets/Romnesia/binders campaign?  All the negative campaigning from Team Romney:

We know what that means — more and more misleading, negative ads trashing the President, you, me, and everything we’ve accomplished together over the past four years.

Projection.  It’s what’s for dinner, at least tonight.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I guess China blocking obama.com is really hurting.

malclave on October 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM

gumbyandpokey hardest hit

johnnybgood on October 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Yes, they need more money to produce more videos of young women talking about having sex with the president, a married man and father of two.

Blake on October 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

“you, me, and everything we’ve failed to do the past four years”.

P.S. Please send money, anyway.

BlameAmericaLast on October 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

What, exactly, have you accomplished over the last four years?

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM

All that money you were going to spend on Halloween candy, costumes and Thanksgiving dinner…consider sending it to my campaign.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Isn’t it funny how the answer to any problem a Democrat faces is always money? But yet they’re allegedly the guys always looking out for everyone else’s benefit. All while begging for cash. (Or confiscating it when they have the legal means to do so)

ButterflyDragon on October 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Robbing others of what they’ve earned is not an accomplishment.

86 on October 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Huh? Now there’s commenting in the Green Room again?

Dirt McGirt on October 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

NOTE TO JIM: There’s a reason they out raised you. You’re a bright guy, I’m sure you can figure it out.

Oh, BTW Jim, did you manage to get that campaign contribution out of Abound Solar before they went bankrupt…..with $60 MILLION of taxpayer money?

GarandFan on October 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I don’t understand the new Green Room. This is the only thread of the four that will allow comments. Ed offered prayers for Sen. Reid and asked us to join him but I don’t think it is possible. At least not in readable text, of course I join him in the hope of a quick and complete recovery for Sen. Reid.

Cindy Munford on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Hmmm, it didn’t kill my buzz.

deimos on October 26, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Cindy Munford on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

That’s why you never make a major change to anything without having IT around to fix the mess.

I am an IT professional with 20 years experience. Doing anything major to something that is a revenue center without backups and staff available to fix whatever comes up is amateur hour. It shows that Salem’s web operation is third rate.

wildcat72 on October 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Every time Obama opens his mouth it a negative ad in Mitt’s favor.

Herb on October 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Do not understand new Green Room.

stvnscott on October 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Cindy Munford on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Yes – best wishes for a speedy recovery, you despicable old man. We’re not done with you yet.

disa on October 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Cindy Munford on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

… and a long retirement.

malclave on October 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

The Obama campaign seems to think that it all boils down to who has the most money. The message and actions are secondary to who can spend more.

DAT60A3 on October 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

disa on October 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Indeed, we want Sen. Reid to be recovered and at full health for when he goes on trial.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Is FB posting going to be enabled in here?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Left Coast Right Mind on October 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM

In the spirit of the wedding registry request, why not ask people to forgo Christmas presents and send the money to the Messiah?

Bitter Clinger on October 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Nope- still buzzing here

whatabunchoflosers on October 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Bitter Clinger on October 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

He’s saving that for his legal defense fund.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

The math here is pretty simple

I don’t even believe THAT from this bunch.

RushBaby on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I kind of like the new Green Room concept of a Corner-style blog – quick hitting posts so Allah, Ed etc. can get some thoughts out w/o having to write a full blog post for the main page. But it seems that comments ought to be enabled on all the posts.

Also, the space for the Green Room posts on the main page, underneath the Headlines, is too cramped and is encroaching too much on Headlines space, too. I have to go to All Headlines to get any kind of good picture of what’s up there.

Missy on October 27, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Obama Campaign Message:

Please send in more of your money so we can win re-election and take more of other people’s money.

Thank you.

BigAlSouth on October 27, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Everything they have accomplished? Lol.

mitchellvii on October 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Copied & pasted from my FB newsfeed from Mitt Romney:

Today, we launch ExpandTheMap.com — an opportunity to take our message into new states and tell voters about our plan to create 12 million new jobs. Contribute now and help us raise a million dollars a day for this program and finish strong: http://mi.tt/PVQprW

22044 on October 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM