Re: fishing polls
posted at 7:21 am on October 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Jazz, I’m pretty comfortable with the Electoral College either way, but then again, I actually paid attention during high-school civics. (Grades notwithstanding.)
I’d find the reaction to a popular-vote loss by Obama interesting in that case interesting. After all, he’s a populist who has been feted as a man of the people rather than a man of the Establishment. I don’t think that split outcome with Obama winning the EC while losing the popular vote is at all likely, but if it happened, I’d expect a strange new respect from the media that celebrates Obama for those Estasblishment institutions.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation