We all love teachers …
posted at 9:24 pm on October 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
… but Reason makes a good argument that more of them hasn’t helped, at least not overall. Or maybe it’s not so much the teachers, but the non-teachers:
- Maine had a decrease of 10.8 percent in student population yet increased its non-teaching staff by 76.1 percent.
- South Dakota lost 3.9 percent of its student population yet increased non-teaching staff by 55.4 percent.
- The District of Columbia lost 14.8 percent of its students yet increased non-teaching staff by 42 percent.
I suspect that the big reason for this is probably federal mandates pushed by people who really, really love teachers.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen