Obama: Kids can tell Romney is a ‘bullsh***er’
posted at 3:42 pm on October 25, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
How do you spell panic? If you’re the President of the United States and you suddenly find yourself in a dead heat in a race that you expected to win walking away, the answer begins b-u-l-l-s-h…
Politico reports that the president sat for an interview to appear in next month’s issue of Rolling Stone. Douglas Brinkley, author of the piece, shared one quote, which follows:
We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview … on the morning of October 11th.… As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president.… [S]he said, ‘Tell him: You can do it.’ Obama grinned.… ‘You know, kids have good instincts,’ Obama offered. ‘They look at the other guy and say, “Well, that’s a bullsh***er, I can tell.”’
Those are pretty strong words for a man who has tugged at the fringes of the truth at least once or twice himself. Charming for the leader of the free world as well. But they are part and parcel of a new, tougher persona that Obama is testing out on the campaign trail in these waning days of the election season.
The DesMoines Register writes that the president went full-bore on his “Romnesia” pitch in Davenport, telling a crowd:
I want to go over the symptoms with you … because I don’t want you to catch it. If you say you won’t give a big tax cut to the wealthy, but you’re caught on video promising your tax cut would include the top 1 percent, you might have Romnesia.
But don’t worry, Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions.
Even fictional ones, apparently.
It is hard to know how well this new, virulent Obama will play with crows over the remaining 13 days. The routine is likely to gain more traction with those who have already made their minds to vote for him than it will with fence-sitters.
- Obama campaign received $4.5 million from residents of fake zip codes
- Breaking: WH had info on ID of Benghazi attackers within 2 hours
- Which candidate has the bigger problem conveying meaning?
- Apology tour’ lie exposed? What lie?
- Obama is now trying out Seinfeld shtick?
- Is Obama playing ‘show’ with the other kids in this official WH photo?
- New poll finds pessimism over Obama handling of ‘Arab Spring’
- Obama debate talking point: ‘I will be sitting down for talks with Iran’
- New poll says that under Obama, Muslim world dislikes U.S. more than ever
- Embassy killings and protests prompt MSM, Dems to attack Mitt Romney (Video)