Green Room

Obama: Kids can tell Romney is a ‘bullsh***er’

posted at 3:42 pm on October 25, 2012 by

How do you spell panic? If you’re the President of the United States and you suddenly find yourself in a dead heat in a race that you expected to win walking away, the answer begins b-u-l-l-s-h…

Politico reports that the president sat for an interview to appear in next month’s issue of Rolling Stone. Douglas Brinkley, author of the piece, shared one quote, which follows:

We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview … on the morning of October 11th.… As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president.… [S]he said, ‘Tell him: You can do it.’ Obama grinned.… ‘You know, kids have good instincts,’ Obama offered. ‘They look at the other guy and say, “Well, that’s a bullsh***er, I can tell.”’

Those are pretty strong words for a man who has tugged at the fringes of the truth at least once or twice himself. Charming for the leader of the free world as well. But they are part and parcel of a new, tougher persona that Obama is testing out on the campaign trail in these waning days of the election season.

The DesMoines Register writes that the president went full-bore on his “Romnesia” pitch in Davenport, telling a crowd:

I want to go over the symptoms with you … because I don’t want you to catch it. If you say you won’t give a big tax cut to the wealthy, but you’re caught on video promising your tax cut would include the top 1 percent, you might have Romnesia.

But don’t worry, Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions.

Even fictional ones, apparently.

It is hard to know how well this new, virulent Obama will play with crows over the remaining 13 days. The routine is likely to gain more traction with those who have already made their minds to vote for him than it will with fence-sitters.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can also reach me at [email protected].

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And right in front of a six year old.

rbj on October 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

At this rate, if he loses on Nov. 6, Obama’s concession speech and his takes on Mitt Romney and the American voters may make Jeremiah Wright blush.

jon1979 on October 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I would expect a president to reserve those words for a hostile foreign dignitary, rather than a challenger for the office of president. Alas, that is what we get with a petty narcissist is it not?

Turtle317 on October 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Obama: Dignity of the office? Never heard of it.

PackerBronco on October 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Howard – my first thought on reading about this was, “Well, if his kids can call Mitt Romney a bullshitter and he isn’t apologizing for it, what does that say about Mitt Romney’s kids talking about taking a swing at Barack Obama and apologizing for it?” I wish someone would spin it that way to their campaign, I’d love to hear the response. ~ RD

RumblinDurango on October 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You wingnuts have a hearing problem…Obama said Romney is just another Bushitler.

HumpBot Salvation on October 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Obama paraphrasing “You might be a redneck” jokes?…… He`s over.

ThePrez on October 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM

“Sometimes I believe my own bullsh*t” ~ “President” Barack Obama

Joe Mama on October 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM

And right in front of a six year old.

rbj on October 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Actually, I don’t think so.

The six-year-old wasn’t in the Oval Office. Only her father was.

Bitter Clinger on October 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

And right in front of a six year old.

rbj on October 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Read it again. The guy said that his six-year-old had given him a message for Obama. The six-year-old wasn’t there at the time Obama said it.

He’s still a classless c**ksucker.

MadisonConservative on October 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Anyone notice the backhanded way Obamuh called Romney a BSer and how he left himself an out? As I read the quote, when the BSer-in-Chief gets criticized for being not presidential (not that I can think of a moment when he’s actually been presidential) by calling his opponent a BSer, his out is to say that he said it would be kids calling Romney a BSer, not Obamuh–and as if he approves of kids using language like that. Nice cop-out. The real BSer Obamuh is coming into focus.

stukinIL4now on October 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

The “instincts” that Obama is talking about here are only the ones drilled into little children’s heads by their socialist teachers with an agenda and most children’s media which perverts a child’s natural tolerance, slanting it toward how THEY want them to think.

I tell you, the sooner this *sshat is out of office, the better.

Sterling Holobyte on October 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

He’s still a classless c**ksucker.

MadisonConservative on October 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Thanks. 🙂 that made me spit pizza all over my keyboard.

c4 on October 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination