Green Room

No, Conservatives Don’t ‘Hate’ Stephanie Cutter

posted at 7:28 am on October 25, 2012 by

Here we go again. Those mean conservatives ganging up of a poor, helpless liberal from the Obama campaign, which happens to be the president’s deputy campaign manager.  We don’t “hate” Stephanie Cutter, which Amanda Marcotte suggested in her October 23 post on Slate’s feminist “Double X” blog.  Ok, let me walk that back – most conservatives don’t “hate” Stephanie Cutter.  You’ll always find those hyper-partisans, on either side of the aisle, that will have deep-seated hatred for the other side. But for the rest of us – it’s not hate that drives our passionate responses about Stephanie Cutter.  It’s the fact that she is dead wrong on most of the issues of this campaign. Oh, did I also mention that she engaged in deliberate misinformation.

First, Marcotte recommends Alex Sietz-Wald’s piece on Salon.com, which is a cesspool of American progressivism.  Marcotte wrote that “she’s [Cutter] an attractive woman who looks younger than her 44 years and who appears to believe that none of these attributes mean that she should be taken less seriously than a man in her position. As with Sandra Fluke and the poor woman who asked a question about equal pay at the last debate, it seems that being an attractive female with liberal opinions in your reproductive years who speaks in public makes you a target.” No, it’s when your a deputy campaign manager that makes you the target.  A title that shows that this isn’t your first time to the dance.  The same goes for Fluke.  She’s a seasoned political activist, who knew full well the chaos she was about to unleash when she gave that testimony on the Hill last winter. As Hyman Roth said, “this is the business we’ve chosen.”

“If conservative pundits don’t cut it out, they’ll soon find out that the era when pretty unmarried women were considered “girls”—expected to be quiet and let the adults do the talking—is waning rapidly. Over time, people are going to start noticing the correlation between the amount of hate aimed at a woman and her single, attractive status, and begin to piece it together, ” according to Marcotte.  I’m sure The Hardy Boys are on the case.  What correlation is Marcotte talking about?  This is pure liberal drivel.

Marcotte then cites “Seitz-Wald [who] quotes Rush Limbaugh, whose attacks on Cutter are pretty standard issue when it comes to his approach to any nice looking liberal woman with the audacity to flap her lips: assert repeatedly that said woman is only useful as a sex object, and angrily disavow the very idea that she might actually have some intelligence of her own.”

Well, let’s go over some of Cutter’s biggest whoppers she’s said so far during this election.

Let’s start with her denial that she didn’t know any facts relating to Joe Soptic, aka cancer man, even though she had a conference call with him in May of this year.

Here she is lying about not knowing the details surrounding Joe Soptic’s wife.

A U.S. ambassador was assassinated for the first time in thirty-three years in Libya.  The calls for more protection at our compound in Benghazi were ignored.  The narrative surrounding the cause of the terrorist attack constantly changes.  Yet, Cutter thinks this isn’t a foreign policy disaster.  As Ed Morrissey noted, that our efforts with NATO to oust Qaddafi lead to the proliferation of terror networks in Libya.  Love him or hate him – Qaddafi kept these people out.

By the way, this little kerfuffle in Libya is only an issue because Mitt Romney is politicizing the tragedy.  Yep, how dare someone ask questions about the facts surrounding a terrorist attack on Americans.  How dare Mitt Romney demonstrate that he could be a more competent commander-in-chief.  Did anyone tell Cutter that this is an election?

Then, there is the $5 trillion dollar lie concerning Mitt Romney’s tax cuts.  A spin tactic Cutter admitted wasn’t true.

Cutter: Well, okay, stipulated. It won’t be near $5 trillion but it’s also not going to be the sum of $5 trillion in the loopholes that he’s going to close. So it is going to cost someone and it’s going to cost the middle class. Independent economists have taken a look at this. There aren’t enough deductions for those at the top to account for the number of tax cuts that they get because of Mitt Romney’s policy so you have to raise taxes on the middle class. As Bill Clinton said, it’s just simple math.

Burnett: Okay, they’ll just say that you can do that. They’re are other studies. I know the one to which you’re referring, but there’s also the possibility of economic growth.

Cutter: Prove it. Erin, prove it.

Burnett: We can’t prove either side, that’s all I’m saying, but the one thing that I can say is not true is the $5 trillion tax cut.

Cutter: I disagree with you. You can prove it. So then they should just say that they’re counting entirely on economic growth to pay for a tax cut. Which is an interesting theory because that is what George Bush and let’s look at how that turned out, we had the slowest economic growth since World War II.

Burnett: They’re not saying entirely, they’re saying closing loopholes and economic growth, both. I understand you disagree with it.

Cutter: But that still leaves you at least a trillion dollars short. The math does not work with what they’re saying. And they won’t name those deductions, not a single deduction that they will close because they know that is bad for their politics. Now look, this is the center, this is the core of Mitt Romney’s economic policy. Last night, he walked away from it, said he didn’t have a $5 trillion tax cut. He does. That’s what lowering the rates amounts to.

Lastly, Cutter said that the Obama recovery has created more jobs than Reagan’s in the 1980s.

James Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute had this to say on the matter.

From the end of the recession in June 2009 through July 2012 — the first 37 months of the Obama recovery — the U.S. economy has generated 2.7 million net new jobs. From the jobs low point in February 2010, the U.S. economy has generated 4 million net new jobs.

From the end of the 1981-82 recession through the end of of 1985 —  the first 37 months of the Reagan recovery — the U.S.created 9.8 million net new jobs. And if you adjust for the larger U.S. population today, the comparable figure is more than 12 million jobs.

So, it’s not that conservatives “hate” Stephanie Cutter.  We just hate her lies and willful ignorance concerning the facts, which has gotten her tongue tied on live TV at times.  Lastly, to hang the hate card on Rush Limbaugh and to convey that fat that he’s the leader of the conservative movement is too easy.  He’s one of many voices in conservative America.  We have different opinions and tolerate such differences within our big tent.  A notion liberals seem to forget, as they have a tendency to eat their own during election cycles.

Our, or should I say my, problem with Cutter isn’t that she’s a woman, single, attractive, or smart.  I find those qualities appealing.  It’s that she’s a liar and a deceiver with a long rap sheet affirming such notions. In all, she provides us with some great entertainment.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Conservatives are more “hate the sin, not the sinner.”

Liberals are more just “hate those that show we are wrong.”

For Libbies, it is personal. Like it is for all those that never grow out of a 3rd grade mentality.

ProfShadow on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I’d hit it.

roy_batty on October 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Funny how someone like Marcotte, who claims she believes in equal rights, goes straight to the “you’re being mean to the girl” defense.

Cutter lies through her teeth – which, sadly, isn’t unusual in politics.

Given her conduct during this campaign, there’s no ethical or moral line she will not cross if she believes it politically advantageous.

BD57 on October 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM

She lied about the crime of PAC ad coordination. She is a liar and a co-conspirator of a crime.

Defending her is defending criminality.

Spartacus on October 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Cutter is a liar and deserves to be called out. Why don’t these libs write about the treatment of Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Ann Romney?

dillydally on October 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

dillydally on October 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Silly conservative. Don’t you know liberals are incapable of hatred? Just like blacks are incapable of racism!/

Defending her is defending criminality.

Spartacus on October 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Wake up, Rip Van Winkle. Our entire government is a sad sick criminal enterprise now, and Stephanie Cutter works for the figurehead of said government. What do you expect?

gryphon202 on October 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

dillydally on October 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My thoughts exactly. Amazing how uninterested they are in supporting women’s right to express their political views in cases where the woman in question disagrees with their agenda.

Mr. Prodigy on October 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM

i hate her

gerrym51 on October 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM

How sad. Where was this pundit when Palin was under constant attack?
Sounds like your average concern troll to me and not worth the time it took to put this post together.
Vote for Romney and let poor little Steph go back to flirting with men. Or women. Her choice.

Pecos on October 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I hate her constant scummy elision in favor of the President. I hate her disgusting attempts to hack away at Romney’s reputation, so as to make his ideas unacceptable. I really hate her hackery. But, since I’ve never met her, I suppose I don’t “hate” her personally (I’m not a hater anyway). Give me five minutes with her, though, and I suppose I could check that box and get to really disliking her.

I could get there faster with Amanda Marcotte. What a piece of work she is!

MTF on October 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Cutter is every bit the pathological liar just like the pathological liar-in-chief that she’s lying for. And she looks 44.

stukinIL4now on October 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Interesting how Marcotte conveniently forgets about attractive female conservative pundits in their child-bearing years, e.g. Michelle Malkin, S.E. Cupp, HA’s own Erika Johnson. Liberals viscerally hate these women for giving voice to conservative views. The amount of hate speech directed at these women is intolerable, yet they are pronounced intolerant by those from whom death threats and racist/sexist garbage regularly spew. I used to think liberals weren’t evil, just wrong, but my views have begun to evolve.

College Prof on October 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM

roy_batty on October 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Ummmm, yes.

WeekendAtBernankes on October 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

A lot of men don’t like to be around women who talk like that, but the big secret is, a lot of women don’t either.

Fleuries on October 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Correction: No, when you’re a deputy campaign manager, that makes you the target.

Matt Vespa on October 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

No I actually hate Cutter for being a soulless liar to try and pin the Marxist on us for 4 more years. Yeah I actually do hate someone trying to destroy the country and using lies to do it. Do I hate all Spokespeople for Obama? No I don’t but you can cross a line and she did!

Conan on October 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I dunno, she’s pretty hard to like.

Howard Portnoy on October 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Well, I guess I’m one of those extremists: I hate lefties, and she is one.

Since I’m NOT White, does that make me racist?

Shambhala on October 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Disagreeing with our black President is racism; calling out a female campaign staffer for being a giant lying piece of sh*t means you hate women. Just another day of the left trying to criminalize disagreement with them.

Want to see some real hatred? Every now and again the Boss Emeritus of this site, Michelle Malkin will post some of her hate mail. You will find some of the most vicious, disgusting racism and misogny you will ever hear; and it’s all because she is Filipina and conservative.

Pathetic.

austinnelly on October 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Cutter is truly the “Baghdad Bob” of this administration. It’s difficult choice, since everyone associated with Obama seems to have a “loose association with the facts”. Let’s hope we have a new president-elect on Nov 7th!

jimtexas on October 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

If you don’t remember who “Baghdad Bob” is, here’s a link to the info on Wikipedia

jimtexas on October 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

jimtexas on October 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

No, Conservatives Don’t ‘Hate’ Stephanie Cutter

Yes, but there’s just something about her. Something around the eyes, I don’t know, reminds me of … me.

No. I’m sure of it, I hate her.
Oh, wait … you meant Stephanie Cutter ?

Oh golly gee whiz, am I ever embarrassed. I think she’s pretty.

I thought you were talking about Nancy Pelosi.

listens2glenn on October 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Oh, did I also mention that she engagedes in deliberate misinformation.

FIFY

mdenis39 on October 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I believe Fluke “testified” before a democrat press conference, didn’t she?

Ventura Capitalist on October 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus