Green Room

Did you celebrate “United Nations Day”?

posted at 6:07 pm on October 25, 2012 by

Well, shoot. I must’ve missed this newfound auspicious occasion in all of the election hullabaloo, and a darn shame it is, too — I do so regret not having taken a moment to observe the worldwide contributions of the marred-by-corruption, unfailingly progressive, global-carbon-tax-pushing, Israel-hatin’, moral-relativist international body. Hear ye, hear ye, from the White House:

Sixty-seven years ago, as the world began to emerge from the shadows of war, the 51 founding member states of the United Nations came together to take up the new test of forging a lasting peace. …

Through the better part of a century, we have seen what is possible when a strong and united international community takes action to advance the interests and values we share. The founding values of the United Nations remind us that countries can resolve their differences peacefully, and that all people deserve the chance to seek their own destiny, free from fear and empowered with their most fundamental rights. As we recognize this 67th anniversary of the United Nations, let us recommit to carrying that vision forward in the years ahead.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim October 24, 2012, as United Nations Day.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Time to shut the money faucet off for those frauds and move them to a new country. Then start a new organization called “The Coalition of Not Backward D ouchebag Countries”.

All 3 countries take turns buying the pizza when they meet every 5 years.

Mimzey on October 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Yes I did.

By enjoying this.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Yes, by using the bathroom.

rbj on October 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Yes I did–by telling the UN to get lost and decreeing that America should get out of the UN. I know that Oct 24 is UN day, though I must say I don’t recall seeing or hearing a single word about it online, on radio or on TV–no news source mentioned it yesterday. Interesting.

stukinIL4now on October 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I yawned when I woke up. Does that count as a celebration?

DAT60A3 on October 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Top Pick

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”