Specifics of Allred’s ‘October surprise’ revealed, Trump’s hinted at
posted at 10:02 am on October 24, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
New information about Gloria Allred’s alleged dirt on GOP candidate Mitt Romney has been made available. RadarOnline.com reports that the high-profile civil rights attorney is in a courtroom outside of Boston this morning, where she will attempt to have a gag order lifted on a sealed case involving the former Massachusetts governor.
The article quotes a “source close to the situation” as saying:
The Boston Globe is headed to court … for an emergency hearing in an attempt to obtain a court order to unseal the sworn testimony given by Mitt Romney in a prior court case and to lift a gag order so that the parties can speak about Romney. Gloria Allred will be in court representing one of the parties in the case,
The emergency hearing was scheduled for 9 a.m. EST. The nature of venue, the Norfolk Probate and Family Court in Canton, Mass., introduces tantalizing possibilities. Did Romney father a “love child”? Did he beat a widow or orphans out of a rightful claim to an inheritance? Stay tuned.
Meanwhile, fresh speculation about Donald Trump’s Obama-damaging revelation suggests that it, too, will be grist for family court. MailOnline cites a tweet by Douglas Kass, a financial guru who appears on CNBC’s talk show Squawkbox where Trump is often a commentator. In the tweet posted on Tuesday, Kass wrote:
High above the Alps my Gnome has heard that Donald Trump will announce that he has unearthed divorce papers between the Prez and his wife.
The article’s author, Daniel Bates, ran Kass’s hunch by a Trump spokeswoman, Holly Lorenzo, who was willing to confirm only that “the Donald” is going to announce his bombshell on his Twitter and Facebook accounts today. “I don’t know what time it will be, that’s all I know,” Lorenzo added.
The MailOnline piece notes in a sidebar that “the Obamas have in the past admitted going through a rocky patch.” It also cites a passage from Ed Klein’s Obama tell-all The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House claiming that Michelle Obama prepared the divorce papers in 2000 following her his husband’s disastrous failed attempt to win a House seat in Chicago.
“After he lost miserably,” Bates writes, “the future First Lady was supposedly disgusted that her husband had put at risk their ‘stable and secure future.’” Bates also notes that, according to Klein, the Obamas’ marriage was “on the rocks” and that Barack Obama was so depressed that some of his friends feared he was suicidal.
- Related Articles
- Gloria Allred rumored to have dirt that will sink Romney campaign
- ‘The Donald’ threatens to drop ‘gigantic’ bombshell on Obama on Wednesday
- Obama is now trying out Seinfeld shtick?
- L’état c’est Obama
- Trouble in paradise: Obama has offshore investments in Cayman Islands
- New poll finds pessimism over Obama handling of ‘Arab Spring’
- Romnesia, Obamnesia, and hypocrisy
- Romney takes his first Electoral College lead
- Why would anyone believe Obama will focus on jobs in a second term?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen