Obama campaign received $4.5 million from residents of fake zip codes
posted at 2:58 pm on October 24, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
This must be what candidate Barack Obama meant in 2008 when he spoke of transparency. Both then and now, he has received campaign contributions from sources so transparent that their zip codes are invisible.
A report by the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) found that “during calendar year 2012, the Obama campaign received at least $4,580,805.35 from donors who did not submit a ZIP code, or submitted one that does not exist.” The finding suggests the very real possibility that the campaign’s online collection apparatus is allowing foreign donors to make contributions, which is a violation of federal election laws.
In an independent investigation, the New York Post learned that one British citizen who lives outside London made two $5 donations to Obama’s campaign through its website, while similar attempts to give cash the Romney campaign were frustrated. The donor, Chris Walker, admitted that he had used his actual street address in England but entered Arkansas as his state of residence with the Schenectady, N.Y., ZIP code: 12345.
The Examiner’s Joel Gehrke reminds readers of Obama’s stern rebuke of the Supreme Court in his 2010 State of the Union address for its ruling on the Citizens United case. “Last week,” the president said, staring down the members of the high court, who were seated in the chamber, “the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests—including foreign corporations—to spend without limit in our elections.” Clearly his distaste for electoral hanky-panky manifests itself only when “the other side” appears to be playing fast and loose with the law.
Which is what his defenders in the Democratic Party and left-leaning media are saying now in response to the GAI report. Mitt Romney, they are quick to note, has also received dubious online donations. But the Romney campaign has received $282,814 in such donations, 1/16 the amount the Obama campaign has received.
In addition, as this chart reveals, Obama also received significantly more in contributions from non-existent ZIP codes than his 2008 GOP rival, John McCain. And this, mind you, was the pure and unsullied Obama, the man who inspired crowds with his message of hope and change and his promise to deliver Washington, D.C., from its culture of corruption.
- Report: Obama has more fake Twitter followers than Romney
- Is Obama courting the ‘dead’ vote?
- Obama campaign’s phony jobs numbers
- To win, Obama needs to get white voters to stay home
- Dead dog receives voter registration form; MSM blames ‘voter ID laws’
- NM dog becomes registered voter
- Eric Holder ‘punk’d’: White man IDing himself as Holder offered AG’s ballot
- NAACP worker sentenced to prison for voter fraud
- The truth behind Holder’s push for ‘electoral equality’
- Election law: Eric Holder’s cowardice is showing
- Federal judge: Nonpartisan elections are unfair to minorities
- Breaking: Obama administration wastes $100 million paying electric bills of dead people
- Over $22 million in stimulus money sent to dead people
- Obama’s myth of transparency: game, match, set
- Do supporters of ‘Liar’ debate strategy really believe Obama is free of sin? (Video)
- OWS alert: Obama’s newest campaign adviser is Wall Street lobbyist
- Obama administration fights to keep WH visitor logs secret