Baseball Open Thread: Game #7 ~ Winner Meets Detroit in World Series
posted at 7:51 pm on October 22, 2012 by Rovin
Game # 6 — Giants 6, Cards 1
Those stubborn Giants just refuse to quit. Last night Ryan Vogelsong threw for seven strong innings allowing one run on five hits. Meanwhile, the Giants chased Cardinals’ starter Chris Carpenter after four innings, scoring 5 runs on 6 hits, (and one critical error that kept the flood gates open). St. Louis finally scored their lone run of the game in the top of the 6th, with a Beltran double and a Craig single.
In tonight’s finale, the Giants will send Matt Cain to the mound against the Cardinals’ game # 3 winner Kyle Lohse. The Cards beat Cain and the Giants in that game 3-1, while the Giants actually out-hit the Cards, 9-6. In the game Matt Carpenter, (subbing for Carlos Beltran) stroked a two-run homer in the 3rd inning, and the Cards hung on for the win, while the Giants left 11 men on base.
You have to know there’s not one pitcher on these two team’s rosters that can’t be called upon in this winner-take-all contest.
Game Time: 5 PM PACIFIC, (8 PM ET)
Weather Forecast: Mostly cloudy with chances of light rain.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style