Sandra Fluke Obama campaign rally draws about 10 people
posted at 1:56 pm on October 21, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
In September, Beast TV, the broadcast journalistic arm of The Daily Beast, interviewed Democratic rising star Sandra Fluke. The segment, which may be viewed here, was filed under the heading “Sandra Fluke’s Post-Limbaugh Rise.”
The latest installment of the Sandra Fluke Show took place Saturday in Reno, where the former Georgetown University law student and Guinness World Record holder for most contraception use in a single year is stumping for President Obama. She didn’t draw quite as large a crowd as she did for her speech at this year’s Democratic National Convention. In fact, the turnout couldn’t be described as “large” at all, unless the term is so loosely defined as to cover a group that would fit comfortably inside a single Chevy Suburban.
Sandra Fluke, the woman at the center of a media firestorm earlier this year after Rush Limbaugh called her a ‘slut,’ spoke Saturday in front ofabout 10 people at the Sak ‘N Save in north Reno. [Emphasis added]
Breitbart.com has video of the event, in which Fluke can be seen standing in front of the familiar Obama-Biden banner, dispelling efforts by scoffers to claim this was an impromptu gathering in a parking lot before the actual rally. But this was no—there’s no other word for it—fluke.
Polls are showing increasingly that the Obama campaign’s onetime stranglehold on the female vote has eased up considerably. A USA TODAY/Gallup Poll released on Oct. 15 shows that the race for the women’s vote is a virtual tie in the swing states and has narrowed to a 9-point Obama advantage nationwide.
- Obama campaign e-card: ‘Can I borrow $18,000 for birth control’
- Going-out-of-business sale at BarackObama.com
- One of Al Gore’s political stooges tells why Paul Ryan ‘likes fetuses so much’
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’
- The Lilly Ledbetter Act does not ensure women equal pay for equal work
- Bristol Palin open letter asks: ‘Mr. President, when should I expect your call?’
- O’Reilly exposes possible WH connection to Fluke
- Barack Obama’s ‘uncivil war’
- Sandra Fluke: Pols should be given ‘pro-woman’ litmus test prior to election
- WH spokeswoman defends contraception rule; cites ‘98 percenters’
- ‘A Better Life for Julia’
- What ‘The Life of Julia’ really tells us
- Romnesia, Obamnesia, and hypocrisy
- Romney takes his first Electoral College lead
- Obama campaign spokeswoman claims low crowd turnout at rallies is ‘by design’ (Video)
- Obama plays to a half-empty house at Miami fundraiser
- A desperation move by the Obama camp leaves many ‘literally’ speechless