Baseball Open Thread: Must Win For Giants (Again)
posted at 7:11 pm on October 21, 2012 by Rovin
Barry Zito extended the series on Friday going seven-plus strong innings and blanking the Cards 5-0. With the St. Louis Cardinals leading the series 3-2, it’s still do or die time for the Giants.
Ryan Vogelsong will start for the Giants, while the Cards will send Chris Carpenter to the mound in a repeat of game #2 (last Monday), when the Giants prevailed 7-1.
Game time is 4:30 PM PACIFIC, (7:30 ET) on FOX. Current weather is a pleasant 60, but they’re calling for a slight chance of “light rain” late this evening, and possibly more rain on Monday. (I don’t expect Major League Baseball to accommodate either of these two teams the way they did in the Yanks/Tigers series in regards to rain delays—after all, these are small market/west of no-where teams.)
The Detroit Tigers are awaiting the outcome of the NLCS after sweeping the New York Yankees in the ALCS.
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?