One of Al Gore’s political stooges explains why Paul Ryan ‘likes fetuses so much’
posted at 5:12 pm on October 12, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
In evaluating Vice President Joe Biden’s slick handling of upstart Paul Ryan in Thursday’s debate, something called a Cenk Uygur (which sounds like it should be either an exotic musical instrument or an obscure dialect of a language in the Finno-Ugric group) said the following on something called Current TV:
The audience looks at that and goes, ‘That kid? Who’s that kid, Paul Ryan? I don’t want that guy being president.’ You know why he likes fetuses so much? Because he looked like one next to Biden.
The remark was made on a television program on a network owned by former vice president, current savior of planet Earth, and sometime crazed sex poodle Al Gore. It was made to a panel of co-hosts that included former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, deposed New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, and John Fugelsang (who according to Wikipedia is an American actor, television personality and stand-up comedian).
One supposes the silly dig was meant to contrast Biden’s decades of experience as a D.C. insider with Ryan’s newness, but the reference to “liking fetuses” was one of the dumbest, most insensitive, and most revealing comments by a liberal “thinker” since MSNBC’s Touré advised women back in September to hurry up and get their abortions in case the Republicans win.
Putting aside entirely Biden’s buffoonish performance during the debate, Uygur’s comment betrays a seeming disdain for unborn humans, which is something wholly apart from championing a woman’s right to abort. It is callous and unfeeling views like his that underlie truly extreme positions on the abortion debate.
An example is the stance of a former Illinois State senator who opposed that state’s Born Alive Infants Protection Act, voting against successive versions of the measure in 2001, 2002, and 2003. The bill, which provided protection for babies born alive after attempted abortions, accorded them status as legal persons and required physicians to provide them with care, rather than treating them as so much “medical waste.” That senator went on to become president. His name is Barack Obama.
As for Current TV, one commenter at CNS News, which ran a story on Uygur’s idiotic statement, wrote “I guess their 4 viewers probably found that hilarious!!!” to which a followup commenter responded, “Wow, they’ve doubled their viewer base in a year.”
- Giddy libs rejoice over Biden’s noisy debate performance
- Now that Debate 1 is history, out come the excuses
- Romney makes first debate a referendum on Obama; Obama wilts
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’
- MSNBC host accuses Romney of ‘n**gerizing’ Obama
- What Melissa Harris-Perry’s tirade on risk tells us about the liberal mind
- MSNBC host celebrates 4th by ‘remembering nation’s many wrongs’
- Al Gore comes unhinged during speech, slams opposing views as ‘Bulls–t’
- Latest culprit in global warming: The internet
- Al Gore: “crazed sex poodle”?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation