Breaking: Romney moves ahead of Obama in poll average by 0.4%
posted at 2:29 pm on October 9, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
The unthinkable has happened. Less than two weeks after liberal pundits officially wrote off Mitt Romney’s chances of a victory in November, with many urging him to drop out, he has taken a lead of 0.4%—his first since becoming the Republican nominee—in the Real Clear Politics mid-day average.
The poll shows Romney with an aggregate lead in addition to leads in two individual polls—the Pew Research poll, which has him ahead by 4 percentage points, and the Gallup Tracking poll, which has him up by 2 points. Two polls have the president ahead. The poll by CNN/Opinion Research shows him ahead by 3, and the Politico/GWU/Battleground poll has Obama up by 2. A fifth poll, Rasmussen Tracking has the two candidates dead even.
Romney also has the lead in the all-important battleground state of Ohio, according to an American Research Group poll, which shows him ahead by a single point. The challenger has also pulled within 3 points of the president in Michigan, and two in Pennsylvania.
- Obama told he needs to get tough, angry (again)
- Romney’s trouncing of Obama in debate sets Gallup record: 52 points
- Obama campaign spokeswoman claims low crowd turnout at rallies is ‘by design’ (Video)
- Obama hoping to run out the clock till election without press conference
- Obama campaign is OK with Biden’s saying they’ll ‘put y’all back in chains’
- Obama has not taken a question from the press in more than two months
- Clinton White House chief of staff calls Ryan ‘amazing,’ ‘honest,’ ‘sincere’
- If re-elected will Obama use the house’s money to bail out GM a second time?
- Obama wants to repeat ‘success’ of auto industry bailout in other industries
- MSNBC host accuses Romney of ‘n**gerizing’ Obama
- Jon Stewart: Obama has gone from “Yes, we can” to “You know, whatever” (VIDEO)
- Does America dare fire its first black president?
- Obama really stepped in it, but MSM continues to run interference for him
- SF Chronicle blasts White House for banishing reporter, then lying about it
- President Obama faces off against Jon Stewart
- White House banishes reporter for using multimedia to capture irritated Obama
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style