Green Room

Breaking: Romney moves ahead of Obama in poll average by 0.4%

posted at 2:29 pm on October 9, 2012 by

The unthinkable has happened. Less than two weeks after liberal pundits officially wrote off Mitt Romney’s chances of a victory in November, with many urging him to drop out, he has taken a lead of 0.4%—his first since becoming the Republican nominee—in the Real Clear Politics mid-day average.

The poll shows Romney with an aggregate lead in addition to leads in two individual polls—the Pew Research poll, which has him ahead by 4 percentage points, and the Gallup Tracking poll, which has him up by 2 points. Two polls have the president ahead. The poll by CNN/Opinion Research shows him ahead by 3, and the Politico/GWU/Battleground poll has Obama up by 2. A fifth poll, Rasmussen Tracking has the two candidates dead even.

Romney also has the lead in the all-important battleground state of Ohio, according to an American Research Group poll, which shows him ahead by a single point. The challenger has also pulled within 3 points of the president in Michigan, and two in Pennsylvania.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can also reach me at [email protected].

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

0.4%??? BWAHAHAHAHAAAA! LOLing at you hopless wingnutz. can you say “Margin of Errir?” knew you could. Obama’s gonna win this thing goin away, cuz everybody konws Romeny’s just another out-of=tough rich guuy. YOu guz called y8im a “flip-flpper ” yourselfes! now youre all gonna vote for him just cuz hes a repuke like uou? gimme a brake! were smarter than you and were gonna win and yr gomma lose!!!!

/Okay, how’d I do? :-)

Mary in LA on October 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

RCP currently shows 0.7%. There’s still four weeks until the election, though. Things are going the right direction, but R&R really need to keep the pressure on all the way through Nov. 6.

Mohonri on October 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM

and of course, if pre-debate polling were excluded, Romney would be averaging roughly 1.5, possibly closer to +2%

WolvenOne on October 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

/Okay, how’d I do?

Mary in LA on October 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Not bad, but you misspelled Rmoney.

And you forgot “Rasmussen R+5”.

Keep working at it. You show the potential to be really good at this, wit mad trollin skilz.

JimLennon on October 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I be hopin dat Bama kiks dat Romeys lilly wyte a$$ right bak to were he cum frum. Iss all I axin.
Gots to go to werk now ova to da maul.

dirtengineer on October 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Gots to go to werk spend my Obama stash now ova to da maul.

dirtengineer on October 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

FIFY. I denounce myself.

Mary in LA on October 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Mary in LA on October 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

You’re too articulate. Get dumber.

itsspideyman on October 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM