Green Room

Civility alert: Obama supporters issue death threats against Romney

posted at 4:10 pm on October 8, 2012 by

So this is how civilized people behave when they have a difference of opinion or find fault with a politicians! They don’t create some map with printer’s registrations marks (or crosshairs if that’s how you choose to view the symbols) to indicate legislative seats they want their side to retake. That’s far too violent and ugly!

Instead, they express their ideas calmly and intelligently, the way rational people do. They tweet:

I crash that f**king airplane that that f**got n**ga Romney, stab Mrs. Romney in her GOD DAMN esophagus. & won’t stop until the cops come in.

That’s how Twitter follower LiftedBoy makes his feelings toward Mitt Romney known. If that’s a little too civilized for your tastes, you may prefer the restraint exercised by JCBaltodano, who tweeted:

If Romney wins the elections I will start a national riot to kill his a**!

That tweet has since been removed, but there are dozens of others, all showing the same degree of self-control.

All share another trait. They have all been forwarded to the FBI by Todd Kincannon, a South Carolina attorney and former executive director of the South Carolina Republican Party, according to TheBlaze.com.

The article quotes the section of the U.S. Code (18 USC § 879) that explains the penalties for making “threats against former Presidents and certain other persons”:

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully threatens to kill, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon—

1. a former President or a member of the immediate family of a former President;
  2. a member of the immediate family of the President, the President-elect, the Vice President, or the Vice President-elect;
  3. a major candidate for the office of President or Vice President, or a member of the immediate family of such candidate; or
  4. a person protected by the Secret Service under section 3056 (a)(6);

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can also reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Well, that’s different, clearly. Because he’s so evil if you didn’t hate him and want to kill him you’d be even more evil than he is.

Or something. I’ve had it explained to me, but I still don’t get why a threat against a republican is okay, but BO is sacrosant.

Bob's Kid on October 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Obama will speak out against these threats in 5-4-3-2-1- NEVER!

birdwatcher on October 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

They have all been forwarded to the FBI

Great news! Eric “my people” Holder will leave no stone unturned in his pursuit of these terrible villains!

Well, OK, maybe not.

jwolf on October 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I hope the SS, fbi, or whoever else they have finds these people and deals to the fullest extent of the law! There is no reason for this, NONE!

I don’t want bho re-elected, but there would be NO WAY I would want him killed if he was, NONE!

IMO, bho has stirred up those who think they can do/say anything they want and not get held accountable. bho is a major contributor in these peoples brazen threats! This is not one bit funny!
L

letget on October 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

WHEN Romney is elected expect more and more of the 47% to be questioned and charged. If Holder doesn’t go after these ppl after the election there will be no good will towards him when charged with crimes against the Mexican ppl……..

angrymike on October 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

So this is how civilized people behave

Whooaaaaa, dog whistles. Doooog whistles!

WeekendAtBernankes on October 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I hope they enjoy their little chats with the Secret Service. Should be fun.

aniptofar on October 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

There is no liberty in liberals. No progress in progressive. We should expect no civility from these people.

onomo on October 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

The left reaps what is sews.

Hopey Changey? Nah… hatred and class warfare.

hoakie on October 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

all tweeted from those free phones that Obama handed out (that Cleveland clip still makes me laugh)…all part of the plan…

If Romney wins, then first order of business should be a bounty program on these people…$1 per hide should be enough. I’ll find a link for hazmat suits for those willing to play.

teejk on October 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Just an extension of “Beat Whitey Night” at the Ohio state fair, or the mob attacks at the Wisconsin State fair, or the street beatings in Denver, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, and on and on and on.

Good thing its not about Race!

Bulletchaser on October 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Bulletchaser on October 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

looking at ordering buttons that read “it’s ok to be racist…everybody else is”…minimum order is 1,000,000 though and I only have 999,998 people signed up so far.

teejk on October 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Bob’s Kid on October 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

That’s simple. The difference is shut up.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on October 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

People who don’t accept the concept of moral absolutes can’t be trusted to define evil.
These people practically worship a culture that owns women as property, and we’re meant to listen to their judgement on who is “evil enough to kill”?

I’m callin’ Bullsh…