Green Room

Baseball~Wild Card Friday~Open Thread

posted at 7:36 pm on October 5, 2012 by

Thought you baseball fans could use a little relief from the daily political grind.

The Cards are leading the Braves 6-3  in the bottom of the 7th with some bizzare and uncanny errors on Atlanta’s part.

The second game tonight is the Orioles at the Rangers at 8:37 pm (Eastern Time).

Can’t do updates, but I’ll try to keep posting in the comments.  Let the playoffs begin!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Sloppy play by the Braves.

rbj on October 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Wow! Shades of NFL replacement refs. Late call on the infield fly rule has Brave’s fans acting like a bunch of Al Gore voters from Florida ~ embarrassing imo.

Rovin on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Missed the play, but sounds like a terrible call.

rbj on October 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Oh gawd my Braves. I wish I were there. Would not throw anything on field mind you.

Brat on October 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Braces/Cards resume. Still debris being thrown on field. Ashamed of my fellow Atlantans.

Brat on October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Brat on October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Correct misspelling Brat…..Bracing for a potential riot!

Rovin on October 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Rovin
Damn the iPad for the misspelling!

Glad I live in the burbs..there might be an “r” word in ATL after the game.

Brat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

The Cards have done it again! Will they be champs two years in a row?

BTW Twerp,Cubs suck!

Vince on October 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I was liking the Rangers till they pulled an Obama – choked away a huge lead because they were so sure they had it in the bag

Tom Servo on October 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

It’s kind of nice to see that old Jimmy Earl still trails disaster in his wake.

Still … as one insignificant Cardinal fan to the Universe: You don’t really think that this even remotely begins to square things for the Denkinger call, do you?

EastofEden on October 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Must be the worst call in post season history. As a braves fan, i am very disappointed. Even without the errors the game still may have been tied and that would have been a significant mistake. MLB is despicable for not replaying the game from that point on. The baseball twitter universe exploded with righteous indignation (breitbart reference.

Donald Draper on October 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

And the Orioles are in the playoffs in the American League and will play the Yankees after beating the Rangers 5-1. The Rangers didn’t go down easily with the bases loaded and tying run at the plate with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th. David Murphy had the kids’ dream appearance at the plate but flied out to center field to end the game.

Texas had a great season but my heart is with the Orioles. They finished dead last in 2011 and are this year in the playoffs.

crosspatch on October 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

The IFF call was a terrible call.

22044 on October 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

My Rangers!!!

DAMN!!!!!

Lead all season, and choke at the very very tail end.

DAMN!

I hope Obama ends up feeling like I do right now.

44Magnum on October 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Top Pick

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

Top Pick

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM