Obama compares his campaign volunteers to slain embassy staff
posted at 11:36 am on September 15, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
In a pep talk, President Obama bizarrely compared the sacrifices made by his campaign volunteers in Nevada to those made by the U.S. ambassador and embassy staff murdered in Libya, The Examiner reports based on a press pool report.
Obama is quoted as saying:
And obviously [our] hearts are broken for the families but I wanted to encourage those folks at the State Department that they were making a difference. The sacrifices that our troops and our diplomats make are obviously very different from the challenges that we face here domestically but like them, you guys are Americans who sense that we can do better than we’re doing … I’m just really proud of you.
Obama also detailed part of his “words of comfort” to “friends and co-workers of the folks who had fallen,” which included the reminder:
As hard as things are sometimes, as difficult as change is that if we’re resolute, if we don’t give up, if we don’t give in, if we don’t become cynical, if we continue to be realistic about how hard change is but also keep in our hearts that sense of idealism and sense of purpose then over time good things happen.
It is hard to imagine a sentiment that would be more out of place than—unless it was one where the president credits his misguided supporters with doing God’s work.
- Is Obama playing ‘show’ with the other kids in this official WH photo?
- DNC to feature Mt. Rushmore-like sand sculpture of Obama
- Plaque unveiled in Chicago to mark spot of Obamas’ first kiss
- Why is Obama holding baseball bat in WH photo of him on phone with Turkish PM?
- Obama’s biggest mistake is not having told ‘his story’? Surely he jests
- Dreams from my president
- Obama: Nobody succeeds without government’s help
- Obama: ‘I deserve a second term’
- Embassy killings and protests prompt MSM, Dems to attack Mitt Romney (Video)
- The Libyan embassy killings carry the same old unconscionable message (Video)
- Clinton distances U.S. government from ‘disgusting’ anti-Muslim film (Video)
- America 11 years after 9/11: Where we are as a nation (Video)
- Jay Carney strikes (out) again: Claims Red Sox fans were not booing Obama
- Jay Carney’s shifting views on presidential vacations and photo ops
- Jay Carney claims unemployment checks create jobs
- Is Obama campaigning on the taxpayer dime—again?
- Will president read message from man who jumped White House fence? (Video)
- Corpse-Man in Chief