Green Room

The Scorpion and the Frog and the Jihadist

posted at 2:03 pm on September 13, 2012 by

The Scorpion and the Frog:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the   scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The   frog asks, “How do I know you won’t sting me?” The scorpion   says, “Because if I do, I will die too.”

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,  the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of   paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,  but has just enough time to gasp “Why?”

Replies the scorpion: “It’s my nature…”

A report this morning, “Libyans Remember Ambassador Stevens“. It describes how Ambassador Stevens was involved in helping those who fought against Gadhafi.

And now that Gadhafi is gone, in their gratitude, they murdered him.

Because it is their nature.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I learned that fable a slightly different way, Steven. It begins: A freedom fighter (Allah be praised!) meets a heathen (Death to America) on the bank of a stream….

Howard Portnoy on September 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Because it is their nature.

YES it is! Their nature is to riot, burn, kill anything in sigh(that goes for family members and animals) if they want to get people to come around to their way of thinking! They will do the same thing, if they had a chance, here in the US and sure would in Israel!

One inch at a time here in the US and sad to say they are making a small headway everyday with the courts help!
L

letget on September 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM

its just human nature, Muslims hate any non Muslim

burserker on September 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Well said.

Mary in LA on September 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I also find it interesting that the Old Testament told us that the descendants of Ishmael would be this way; and golly gee, there it is. Coincidence?

Midas on September 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I would say that it is due to their programing (as in religious indoctrination and brainwashing).

If you start with young children and subject them to prolonged, intense psychological conditioning that emphasizes strict obedience to fanatical principles, then it seems that you can induce automatic knee-jerk violence in response to any perceived offense.

The real danger is in assuming that you can “reason” with this type of person in the short interim before they kill you.

TomA on September 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM

its just human nature, Muslims hate any non Muslim

burserker on September 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

. . . and Sunni Muslims hate non-Sunni Muslims, and . . .

BigAlSouth on September 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Ironic that it was originally an Egyptian fable.

Steve Eggleston on September 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Midas on September 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM

The neighborhood hasn’t changed in thousands of years. Also, in Egypt thousands of years ago troublemakers used to spread rumors about such and such a person being a cat killers, to reliably drum up a murderous mob.

perries on September 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

please excuse my subject verb agreement issu above.

perries on September 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM
Top Pick

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM
Top Pick

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.