TSA detains passenger because she showed ‘bad attitude’
posted at 2:16 pm on September 8, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
You have to admire the ingenuity of the Transportation Security Administration. Who else could have dreamed up this brilliant two-part strategy? First, you test the patience of air travelers by forcing them to jump through hoops at airport security. Then when they become vexed over all the pointless and unnecessary red tape, you ground them on the basis that their attitude needs adjustment (h/t Infowars).
Such was the experience of an unnamed traveler who was prevented from boarding her flight in late August following a dust-up with a TSA officer. The woman, who captured the altercation on video, posted it to YouTube along with the following account:
This was inside the terminal at the Houston airport. I was not allowed to board a plane (even though I had already been through airport security) because I drank my water instead of letting the TSA ‘test’ it. The TSA agent finally admitted that it wasn’t because they thought I was a security risk—it was because the TSA agent, Louis Godeaux, was mad at me!
In the video, the woman can be heard plainly saying to Godeaus, “Let me get this straight. This is retaliatory for my attitude. Yhis is not making the airways safer. It’s retaliatory.”
The officer can be heard just as plainly replying, “It pretty much definitely is.”
The rule that the woman initially violated is one that was added to the TSA’s passenger torture list in July. Under the policy, agents are permitted to inspect beverages at the gate (just in case a passenger sneaks a Styrofoam cup of liquid explosive through security).
It is worth noting that the TSA is not alone in the crusade to discourage air travel. The video here chronicles the ordeal of a woman detained by airport security for 10 hours after her flight in February. Her crime? Painting her fingernails mid-flight.
- Now TSA wants to test passengers’ beverages at the gate?
- Another JFK security gaffe: ‘Unsecured’ gate near fuel pipeline
- Jet-skier breaches JFK airport’s security perimeter, reaches terminal undetected
- TSA ‘behavior detection officers’ accused of racial profiling
- TSA agents verbally abuse deaf passenger, illegally confiscate bagged candy
- TSA agent opens and spills jar of human ashes, laughs
- TSA asks female passenger to ‘prove’ breast pump is real
- TSA orders 18-month-old off plane, claiming she’s on no-fly list
- TSA agent arrested for hurling hot coffee at pilot
- TSA forces woman with ‘cute figure’ to pass though nude body scanner 3 times
- TSA settles with woman whose breasts were exposed by agent
- Rape victim arrested, manhandled after refusing TSA pat down
- TSA follies: Former “Playboy” Playmate strips, stills gets patted down–twice
- Vibrator in passenger’s luggage wins TSA seal of approval
- Engineer exposes ‘blind spot’ in TSA scanners; smuggles metal through security
- Woman with dagger in bag slips past TSA at JFK Airport
- “Touch my junk, and I’ll have you arrested”: The TSA’s way or the highway