Utah mom toilet trains her tots at a table in a restaurant
posted at 2:25 pm on September 5, 2012 by Howard Portnoy
Those looking for the upside to the story could argue that the mother was the very picture of efficiency, killing two birds with one stone. Unfortunately, only one of those birds—eating lunch in a restaurant with your toddlers—is socially acceptable. The other—potty training them right at the table—is widely frowned upon.
CBS Las Vegas reports that Kimberly Decker, a customer at the Thanksgiving Point Deli in the town of Lehi, Utah, was enjoying her own lunch until she happened to catch a glimpse (or was it a whiff?) of the goings-on at a nearby table. Decker posted on her blog:
While we sat down to have lunch, I noticed this young Mother was potty training her two twin daughters at the table. It didn’t quite register at first what was happening, but when I took a second glance I realized this is NOT OK! I decided to snap a picture of the whole incident and then later that afternoon as a ‘joke’ I decided to post it on Facebook. I couldn’t believe the response I got.
Decker, who has three small children of her own, one of whom just finished potty training, initially assumed the twins were sitting on booster seats. Then she caught a glimpse of a naked baby butt.
View slideshow: The world is my restroom
“She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties,” Decker told station KSL-TV, which picked up the story (video report here).
A spokeswoman for the restaurant with the remarkably apt name of Erica Brown told the station that the managed received several complaints over the incident. “I think state and local health codes were probably an issue, as well as just social norms,” she said.
The identities of the mother and children have not been revealed.
- McDonalds customer finds cockroach in food; Arby’s customer finds finger
- Emperor’s-new-clothes alert: First café serving only water opens in NYC
- Family of 30-year-old cancer patient grant dying wish, leave $500 tip for pizza
- McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s drink
- Government buys 7 million pounds of ‘pink slime’ for school lunches
- Study: Gila monster spit reduces food and possibly booze cravings
- Celebrate spring with urine-soaked eggs, a delicacy in China
- Customer has heart attack while eating aptly named Triple Bypass Burger
- PETA: Prison should serve flesh-free meals to cannibal inmate
- NYC McDonald’s a violence magnet; scene of another brawl (Video)
- Another day, another McDonald’s customer meltdown
- Prosecutors come down hard on clerk who laced yogurt samples with semen
- For the palate that’s had everything: Breast milk ice cream
- Bugs: The OTHER other white meat
- From brassiere to brasserie: “Human” cheese at Klee
- California restaurant chain unveils burger made entirely of ground bacon
- Brazilian trio arrested for making turnovers out of two murder victims
- SD woman breaks into home … to breastfeed a stranger’s baby
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces
Recently in the Green Room: