Green Room

So Civility’s Not The Supreme Virtue, Then?

posted at 7:58 am on September 4, 2012 by

Seen at the Minnesota State Fair yesterday (courtesy Andy Parrish); a guy in an “Exterminate Christians One Bullet At A Time” T-shirt, with a “Vote No” fan opposing Minnesota’s upcoming ballot initiative defining marriage as a man and a woman:

“Exterminate Christians One Bullet At A Time”.  Photo courtesy Andy Parrish, found at @AndyParrishMN on Twitter.

Now, I’m not saying this is really the  exposed intellectual id of the Democrat party in Minnesota (we call it the DFL), or even Minnesota “progressivism”,  in action?

No, not really.   Well, not totally – the Twin Cities is home to our share of Wahhabi Atheists.

No, it’s just that after years not only of dim-bulb leftybloggers posting photos of rednecks from Moldy Holler with objectionable signs hanging around the fringes of Tea Party rallies in Chattanooga labelled “This is today’s GOP”, but in fact Minnesota’s state-supported news service doing exactly the same, I figured I was entitled to one humorous fit of pique.

Note To Mr. Hairball:  It’s been tried.  Lots of us Christians are much harder targets than you are – and, let’s be honest, like most lefties, I’ll guess you’re all talk and no delivery, so I’m not exactly concerned.  Nonetheless, in the words of the prophet Callahan, “do you feel lucky?”

Serious Question For Lefties:  I know, morality and ethics are a one-way street with you folks – but seriously, this is one of your guys, at the fair to espouse one of your key anti-initiatives this fall, in the intellectual center of the upper-Midwest left.  You know damn well if it were a conservative – even one obviously from some trailer park outside Ashland Wisconsin – wearing a “God Hates Fags” T-Shirt, you’d be holding every blessed Republican in Minnesota and Wisconsin answerable.  I mean, you blamed Sarah Palin’s “crosshairs” for the Tuscon shooting, for crying out loud.

I’m beyond asking for intellectual honesty from you folks, or the media that serve as your Praetorian Guard.

But if I never ask the question, we never get to hear the left’s equivocation.

Final Question For “Progressives”: At what point does this become a “Dog Whistle”?  Or, alternatively, a commentary on the entire lefty id ?

(Cross-posted from Shot In The Dark)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

To answer the question in the title, no, civility is not the supreme virtue. Liberalism is. (Speaking from the leftist point of view.)

At what point does this “speech” cross the line into actual criminal conduct or at least non first amendment protected speech? I mean, he’s calling for the systematic murder of an entire group of people based on their religious beliefs. Wouldn’t that count as “fighting words?”

jwolf on September 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Wanna bet this guy was one of those on the left feverishly typing and/or shouting out his disgust for those violent images and statements evil conservatives foisted on the American public during the media onslaught against the right after the Gabby Giffords shooting?

jon1979 on September 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I always get a good chuckle out of lefty nitwits (but I repeat myself) like our hairy friend in the pic.
It’s highly unlikely that he spends much time at the range honing the skills needed to use weapons effectively. In fact, I’d wager that he advocates strict gun control and probably doesn’t even own any guns.
Which brings me to my next point…we’re the ones with the guns.
You want to exterminate Christians, Rat’s Nest Boy? Bring it on.

single stack on September 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

jwolf on September 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

In most places, it would count as a hate crime (if it wasn’t against Christians, of course).

DrAllecon on September 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Note that his T-shirt appears to be professionally printed. I wonder who is responsible for creating and marketing the “Exterminate Christians One Bullet at a time” T-shirts.

J.S.K. on September 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

J.S.K. on September 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I don’t know, but he’d have been right at home in 1930s Germany.

pdigaudio on September 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM

If I ran into this dreadlock loser wearing that shirt I would put the hurting on him one fist at a time.

ObamatheMessiah on September 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

The stick for the “Vote No” sigh is appropriately positioned. There may be splinters.

samharker on September 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Don’t hold your breath Mitch. Leftists would never answer your query honestly.

tom daschle concerned on September 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Final Question For “Progressives”: At what point does this become a “Dog Whistle”? Or, alternatively, a commentary on the entire lefty id ?

Hmm, that would be sometime in the 60′s, I believe.

Midas on September 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM