Green Room

Top ten responses Reince Priebus should have offered Chris Matthews

posted at 8:16 pm on August 27, 2012 by

By now, conservative blog readers are aware of the Chris Matthews/Reince Priebus contretemps on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, where Matthews shouted down Priebus with accusations of GOPers playing the “race card” (among other things).

An abbreviated video clip is below (the full segment was so awful that you could sense the other guests cringing).

Someone has to do it, so I’ll start:

The Top Ten responses

Reince Priebus should have offered to Chris Matthews when he accused the GOP of playing the “race card”:

10. I’m sorry…your name again is…?

9. Security! This fellow says he has a show but nobody here has ever heard of it!

8. I think that tingle has moved up to your brain, Chris.

7. No decaf in the green room again, eh?

6. Curses, foiled again.

5. Yes, Chris, after the vice president caught us trying to re-enslave African-Americans with banking de-regulation, we thought we needed to move on to something subtler. Bwoo-hah-ha!

4. The Village Idiot Convention called. They’re missing one.

3. Are there questions in your diatribe or am I supposed to just listen and nod my head slavishly? Oops, caught me again…playing the “race card.”

2. Three words: anger management therapy.

And…the Number One Response

Reince Priebus should have offered to Chris Matthews when he accused the GOP of playing the “race card”:

1. I assume your bosses, desperate to try to grow your measly audience, have given you this morning guest slot to attract viewers to your little-watched afternoon show.  But I won’t play punching bag to your rhetorical bullying, Mr. Matthews, in their attempt to save your neck. When they finally give up on you, I’ve heard Al Gore is hiring.

Libby Sternberg is a novelist.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Funny

“I know you are but what am I” didn’t rate?

Looking at him bewilderedly and asking “are you stuck on stupid” is still my favorite.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

#10 is the best! 😀

SouthernGent on August 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM

“Personality transplant didn’t take, huh?”

SagebrushPuppet on August 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM

EXCELLENTE…..

🙂

cmsinaz on August 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM

“I’m sorry, but I thought I was going to be on an ‘interview’ show….instead, I seem to be at some sort of circus.”

cthulhu on August 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Holy chit. What a raving lunatic. And marble mouthed Brokjaw just adds to the idiocy.

Dominion on August 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM

When did you stop beating your wife, Mr. Matthews?

Snowblind on August 28, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hey just think, If Obama wins look at the mess he will inherit..

He ought to be able to ride that one for 4 more…

RockyJ. on August 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

What I really would have liked to see would be Joe smacking Matthews upside the head and saying “This is why we can’t have nice things!”

Mahna Mahna on August 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Top Pick

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

Top Pick

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”