Green Room

¿Pánico? OFA now running “Truth Team” ads in Spanish.

posted at 5:00 pm on August 14, 2012 by

I think this is, at least to me, the first major disturbance in the Force post-Ryan.  Until now, OFA Spanish-language ads consisted mostly of either soft-focus celebrity fluff or story-driven organizer testimonials.  Today, OFA released a “Truth Team”-style web video featuring Gabriela Domenzaín, current Director of Hispanic Media and former founding producer of Univision’s Al Punto.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOSVgMjFro]

For all you No Habla Español types, the video is meant to defend against GOP attacks on immigration, and to defend the ICE deportation moratorium; which itself was issued as a sop to the immigration activist base due to the regime’s failure to get comprehensive immigration reform done when Democrats had iron-fisted control of Congress.

One can only wonder what those post-Ryan internals look like in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  I’ve got to think that seniors in Florida are NOT freaked out over the Ryan plan, and it is time to do some emergency base-shoring.  That OFA sees the need to do this type of ad less than 90 days from the election is astounding to me…and even more so, the fact that it is a defense of immigration policy, not entitlements or ObamaCare.  This is huge.  This is a blaring red siren; a sounding of the alarm.

I smell pánico.

Crossposted at El Tercer Riel (The Third Rail).

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Jorge,
In your opinion what do you feel the Hispanic voters really think and if they will vote for Mitt/Ryan? Is the bottom line amnesty, free stuff from bho/team for them?

I would like to think that those Hispanics who came here legally would be ALL bent out of shape by what bho/team are doing, but that is just me!
L

letget on August 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Yeah, this is what Team O is doing in English too. I don’t think it will go over better with Spanish-speakers, even though the soft-spoken lady in the video has a nice, middle-class demeanor and doesn’t look like socialist cadre.

In southern California, “Hispanic” culture is in the DNA. Half the streets have Spanish names. In the middle class here, everyone lives side by side. It was much the same when I lived in south Texas. My neighbors, regardless of race or ethnicity, are worried about the economy. Most of the guys of Mexican descent that I know are opposed to influxes of illegals, for whom they have some choice names. Their wives may have more of a feeling of kindness toward illegals, but ultimately, they agree their husbands are right about the issue from a community and political perspective.

J.E. Dyer on August 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Top Pick

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Top Pick

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”