Green Room

¿Pánico? OFA now running “Truth Team” ads in Spanish.

posted at 5:00 pm on August 14, 2012 by

I think this is, at least to me, the first major disturbance in the Force post-Ryan.  Until now, OFA Spanish-language ads consisted mostly of either soft-focus celebrity fluff or story-driven organizer testimonials.  Today, OFA released a “Truth Team”-style web video featuring Gabriela Domenzaín, current Director of Hispanic Media and former founding producer of Univision’s Al Punto.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOSVgMjFro]

For all you No Habla Español types, the video is meant to defend against GOP attacks on immigration, and to defend the ICE deportation moratorium; which itself was issued as a sop to the immigration activist base due to the regime’s failure to get comprehensive immigration reform done when Democrats had iron-fisted control of Congress.

One can only wonder what those post-Ryan internals look like in places like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  I’ve got to think that seniors in Florida are NOT freaked out over the Ryan plan, and it is time to do some emergency base-shoring.  That OFA sees the need to do this type of ad less than 90 days from the election is astounding to me…and even more so, the fact that it is a defense of immigration policy, not entitlements or ObamaCare.  This is huge.  This is a blaring red siren; a sounding of the alarm.

I smell pánico.

Crossposted at El Tercer Riel (The Third Rail).

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Jorge,
In your opinion what do you feel the Hispanic voters really think and if they will vote for Mitt/Ryan? Is the bottom line amnesty, free stuff from bho/team for them?

I would like to think that those Hispanics who came here legally would be ALL bent out of shape by what bho/team are doing, but that is just me!
L

letget on August 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Yeah, this is what Team O is doing in English too. I don’t think it will go over better with Spanish-speakers, even though the soft-spoken lady in the video has a nice, middle-class demeanor and doesn’t look like socialist cadre.

In southern California, “Hispanic” culture is in the DNA. Half the streets have Spanish names. In the middle class here, everyone lives side by side. It was much the same when I lived in south Texas. My neighbors, regardless of race or ethnicity, are worried about the economy. Most of the guys of Mexican descent that I know are opposed to influxes of illegals, for whom they have some choice names. Their wives may have more of a feeling of kindness toward illegals, but ultimately, they agree their husbands are right about the issue from a community and political perspective.

J.E. Dyer on August 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Top Pick

Under the bus.

Top Pick

Well… most of the politics anyway

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game