Creepy, Omnipresent Obama Logo Even Hidden Within President’s Campaign Websites
posted at 4:57 pm on August 9, 2012 by directorblue
You’ve seen the ubiquitous Obama logo — sometimes dubbed “The Eye of Sauron” by certain irreverent wags — appear on everything from airplanes to leather seat cushions. The mark is designed to brand Mr. Obama, to establish an iconography around the man that symbolizes, well, not hope and change any longer, but perhaps power and inevitability
And just when you thought you’d seen it all, it appears that the Obama fundraising website (http://www.barackobama.com/plans/budget, no hyperlink, intentionally) includes hidden logos, buried inside the markup — or HTML — used to construct the website. Performing a View >> Source on the Obama website reveals the following:
There is only one reason that a web designer would include the extra (and technically useless) markup: to further establish Obama’s bizarre cult of personality.
The omnipresent logo is downright creepy and it smacks of something, at best, un-American and, at worst, totalitarian.
Remember in November.
Hat tip: BadBlue News Service
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style