Green Room

Creepy, Omnipresent Obama Logo Even Hidden Within President’s Campaign Websites

posted at 4:57 pm on August 9, 2012 by

You’ve seen the ubiquitous Obama logo — sometimes dubbed “The Eye of Sauron” by certain irreverent wags — appear on everything from airplanes to leather seat cushions. The mark is designed to brand Mr. Obama, to establish an iconography around the man that symbolizes, well, not hope and change any longer, but perhaps power and inevitability

And just when you thought you’d seen it all, it appears that the Obama fundraising website (http://www.barackobama.com/plans/budget, no hyperlink, intentionally) includes hidden logos, buried inside the markup — or HTML — used to construct the website. Performing a View >> Source on the Obama website reveals the following:

There is only one reason that a web designer would include the extra (and technically useless) markup: to further establish Obama’s bizarre cult of personality.

The omnipresent logo is downright creepy and it smacks of something, at best, un-American and, at worst, totalitarian.

Remember in November.

Hat tip: BadBlue News Service

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

They can keep the logo, as long as Obama goes away.

Howard Portnoy on August 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Remember in November.

No need to.

This entire administration has been imprinted in my head.

As a nightmare…if only.

cozmo on August 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Remember in November.

If I have to be carried in on a stretcher, with an IV, and O2 going, I will go vote this worthless anti-American out in Nov.! I will do the last thing in my life for my country!
L

letget on August 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

They can keep the logo, as long as Obama goes away.

Howard Portnoy on August 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Screw that.

You can have him, Biden and the rest of Psycho Circus cum DNC that trails behind it like snail slime.

BlaxPac on August 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I thought Obama lifted his logo from the goatse dude.

HumpBot Salvation on August 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

It just very well maybe a nightmare in November if Romney doesn’t start making some headway in the polls…New Fox poll has him down 9 points which is 5 more than a few weeks ago.

I’m praying as hard as I can….

Txjewelya on August 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Does he actually have his picture in the field of stars on that American Flag?
If I ever came upon something like that, I’d tear it down and stomp on it.

OccamsRazor on August 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

that logo reminds me an a-hole with feces flowing freely

burserker on August 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM

No need to.
This entire administration has been imprinted in my head.

As a nightmare…if only.

cozmo on August 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I got a serious case of OTSD. Hopefully soon it will be improved to POTSD.

arnold ziffel on August 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

That is really, really creepy.

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Incidentally, this has to appall anyone who’s ever been in the military. Americans have fought, shed blood, and died under that flag. It is a defacement indeed to put Obama’s face on it where the field of stars should be. I have never impugned anyone’s patriotism because of his political actions before, but I’m gonna do it now.

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Take those polls with a huge grain of salt:

directorblue on August 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

directorblue on August 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Inspiring link. My sense is also that Romney is going to win decisively. I think he’s the kind of candidate whom a lot of mushy-liberal types can ultimately decide to vote for.

He’ll win over a different demographic from the “Reagan Democrats”; he’ll get the “Romney professionals”: the upper-middle salaried professionals who have felt safe and virtuous voting for Democrats for the last 30-odd years. They see the runaway problems of government, but are prejudiced against conservative Republicans. A liberal Republican like Romney, I believe they will bring themselves to vote for.

Elect a more conservative Congress to hold Romney’s feet to the fire.

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Elect a more conservative Congress to hold Romney’s feet to the fire.
J.E. Dyer
 on August 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Yup. To all that you wrote above.

AH_C on August 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM

And here I’d been thinking Sauron’s eye was the CBS logo.

Olo_Burrows on August 10, 2012 at 4:06 AM

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

That’s an excellent strategy. It worked so well for Presidents Dole and McCain.

SagebrushPuppet on August 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Sorry, wish I shared your optimism. Most women I encounter at work and in business seem to have an already cemented opinion about Romney, BHO’s lying ads this summer have worked with them.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM

smells of 1984 and mao’s communist china

losarkos on August 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM

It has been said that the logo is hypnotic.

Obama’s hypnotic logo
Obama adds to this by giving a visual point of fixation – his logo. No doubt that one intended meaning, of many, is that the circle is also an “O” for “O”bama. By itself that is not all that significant.
Obama’s logo is highly hypnotic, because unlike any other logo in presidential history, you do not look at it, but through it. One subconsciously looks though the circle to the light inside, like the light at the end of the tunnel, without consciously realizing it. This visual point of focus is helpful in multiple ways to focus one’s attention, as well as to distract the critical factor. Notice how it is always there on the podium – a small one in the middle, just enough for your conscious mind to miss, but for you to see subconsciously. [Page 57]

Notice also the sun symbolism, something that also happened to be the thematic centerpiece of Nazism, where the Swastika represents a swirling sun. Observing the logo elicits a tranquility similar to watching a sunset in a very peaceful meadow like setting. Peering into a faraway distance, something which the logo encourages, has an immediate relaxing effect. It’s very soothing yet very mesmerizing and thus very manipulative if it serves an unknown politician with doubtful credentials and even more doubtful connections. The designers of the logo, like Obama’s speech-writers, knew exactly what they were doing.

Angineer on August 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM