Teachers Union Finds Loophole to Loopholes
posted at 11:03 am on August 1, 2012 by Mike Antonucci
As long as we’re discussing the National Education Association putting money aside, might as well mention this item from the union’s financial reports:
The Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) examined NEA’s income tax returns for the years 2000 through 2010 and proposed adjustments for those years. NEA appealed the proposed adjustments and while it believes the related tax returns are in accordance with prevailing tax rulings it has established a provision of $4,000,000 to cover any obligations that might arise from the unresolved issues.
At a time when middle class Americans and small businesses are suffering, large, multi-national corporations are earning record profits and paying little to no money in taxes that are intended to support the communities where they do business. Or so I hear.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style